What would the WTS need to do to become a mainstream religion?

by Deleted 11 Replies latest jw friends

• brianhenke
    brianhenke

I tell you this, there will be a schism within JWs within the next 10-20 years because of the flip flops in their teachings, d/fs and d/as, blood transfusions, what one country does another doesn't (did you know that the baptizers at the Sydney international convention did NOT get into the water - and the pools used at the immersion was made of (get this!), aluminum), no women can be elders/perform baptisms/be a GB member, etc. I expect that one JW splinter group (at least) will be set up like the Borg are now, but they will practice true Christianity, maybe using the KJV or NKJV version of the Bible and abandoning traditional WT teachings.

I also tell you this: if JWs embraced true Christianity from the get-go, maybe people would have gladly accepted the knocking at the door.

Brian

• gumby
    gumby
    tell you this, there will be a schism within JWs within the next 10-20 years because of the flip flops in their teachings, d/fs and d/as, blood transfusions, what one country does another doesn't (

Hi brian and welcome.

The sad thing is.....the things you have mentioned above have been going on for some time. Some since the start of the organisation, blood in the 50's, and various countries have practiced different things pretty much from the start. I suppose a split could take place at some point.....but I see them as going down altogether if and when they do.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit