Hot sale of KHall to Christendom!!!

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Anybody has more info please share.

LEE NYC BROKERS BAYCHESTER SALE FROM BRONX CONGREGATION

MARCH 29,2019

Lee & Associates NYC’s Alfonso Holloman has arranged the sale of 1575 E. Gun Hill Rd., between Kingsland and Mickle avenues, in the Bronx’s Baychester neighborhood. Inner Court Sanctuary Praise Palace paid $1.28 million to acquire the 5,092-square-foot property from Jehovah’s Witnesses.

The property will serve as a place of worship for the congregation, which is relocating from 1660 E. Gun Hill Rd. Inner Court Sanctuary Praise Palace is a non-denominational Christian congregation founded in 2010.

“Having been founded in the Bronx, Inner Court Sanctuary Praise Palace will benefit greatly from being able to remain in the neighborhood,” said Holloman, who represented both buyer and seller in the transaction. “In addition, this property was sold by a faith-based owner to a faith-based user, making for a transaction about which both sides felt good.”

https://www.connect.media/lee-nyc-brokers-baychester-sale-to-bronx-congregation/

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

ANOTHER HALL BITES THE DUST!

Zing

• Biahi
    Biahi

But a JW plumber can’t fix a toilet at a church without being reamed for it

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

My Dad in the 70's got in trouble as a construction worker for being hired to repair a church roof.

• Ding
    Ding

I remember being surprised years ago when the WT sold the local KH to a Pentecostal Spanish church.

I thought KHs were supposedly "dedicated to Jehovah's service."

I asked if that wasn't turning it over to Babylon the Great.

The answer was that building is just a building.

Not only that, but think of how much money a church of Christendom had just paid to Jehovah's organization...

• LV101
    LV101

The WT crooks LUV Christendom's money and JWs free labor -- it equals WIN-WIN for the cult.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Yes Ding, KHs are 'Dedicated' to Jehovah when they are obtained and used for Jehovah's service. Those same KHs are then seemingly 'undedicated' not by God but by men when the building no longer serves the needs of the org or, a sale of the property will result in significant income for the org.

This is unlike what happens to any person who dedicates himself to the org, as demonstrated by baptism. Even if that person later learns the JW religion is not God's chosen religion, she/he cannot undedicate himself or leave without consequences which are often significant if they have other family members who are JWs.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Let's see...I can't enter a church for a wedding, graduation or any other event BUT WT can sell a dedicated KH to Christendom?

Our KH was also sold to a church several years ago.

THIS THE HEIGHT OF HYPOCRISY!!!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

FOLLOW THE $$$$$!!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

one of the KH's where i live was formerly a purpose built church for pentecostals. this was after the jw congregation had sold their own purpose built KH. one that my late father had donated £5000 to.

the watchtower treats kh's as mere assets. jehovah will be turning in his grave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit