Elders visits 2004 ???

by Siddhashunyata 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Last year ,at about this time, the board was discussing how Elders would be coming around to ask "inactive ones" if they "considered themselves to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses ( entrapment question). In light of the current WT studies on Apostasy and the Faithful and Discreet Slave, does anyone know if that program is set to operate again in 2004? Last year I had my visit in March.

• JH
    JH

I also had a visit in March of last year, but I didn't answer the door. I was too busy posting on this forum.

They (2 elders) came to my door 1 day before and 1 day after Christmas. They just asked what was stopping me from going to the meetings. I guess I'll see them next Christmas.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Didn't see them last year; don't expect to see them this year. Ah, there's nothing like peace and quiet on a Saturday morning!

Nina

• wednesday
    wednesday

I don't expect to ever see them again. My family is obiviously a lost cause, and i'm so glad.

• dustyb
    dustyb

well mr. elder, the thing that is stopping me from goign to meeting is your guys' constant bullshit. =D

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

i had two dubs stop buy the other day, they only seem to stop to see me when im not home. the last i talked with one of them he had told me that i could hurt at the hall just like i hurt at home. I told no i can't at home, i can have a cup of coffeee turn on the tv and hear something worthwile, sit outside and enjoy the day, take a nap and i didn't have to wear a tie, coat or sit in uncomfortable chairs. so no its not the same thanks. I am going to tell them i would like to read some of the societies literature with them if they can get it so we can Study. Millions now living will never die and the finished mystery. thats what i want to study. that should get rid of them. And if they can come up with them then i will ahve a field day with them. Should be very eye opening for them. Buff

• blondie
    blondie

I see dustyb has developed an attitude. The elders are directed every year in the February 2004 KM (or thereabouts) to visit all the DF'd and inactive. Supposedly the CO will check up and see if they did so. Some are more conscientious than others usually sticking the new elders with the chore. Most make a weak attempt perhaps trying to get their current phone # but not trying too hard.

Blondie (pearls before swine)

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I haven't been near a KH in 7 years, I have yet to get a call or visit. I'm not holding my breath. I guess I was already "weak" when I moved to the area and had no social contact with local JWs. I'm more likely to get a call from Prince than from an elder. At least Prince engages in field service occasionally.

Thirdson

• wednesday
    wednesday

Thirdson.

u are too funny

My friend tells me that privately some are considered not worth calling on and even if they are supposed to they don't. I think we must be one ofthem.

• seedy3
    seedy3

They never come by to see if I want to go back to the KH, Oh that's right, thye don;t know I exist here , which is a good thing, because that way they stop by while working the territory and I get to have lots of fun with them. Usually I send em packing with their tails between their legs. It's a blast. I had a friend of mine spend the night one time, he crashed on the sofa. Around 9:30-10:00am some Dubs rang the doorbell and I answered, (my friend was still sleeping) I started discussing the 607 thingy with them, somewhere inthe midst of the convo my friend woke up behind me. after I sent them packing, I turned around and there he was with this HUGE sh** eating grin on his face, "Sh** I wouldn't have missed that for the world" he said. LOL Like I say it's a blast

Seedy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit