Paradise Lost

by galaxy7 12 Replies latest jw friends

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

does anyone remember the book Paradise lost to Paradise regained? I was made to study the scary parts evertime i misbehaved which must have been all the time as the book imprinted into my brain.All I wanted in life as a child was to join the girl guides go hang out at the Ywca with my friends and take part in sports day at school.So my mother asked the then congregation servant if i was demonized,They decided I would be fertalizer for my mothers pear tree. Anyway I grew up fairly normal,took me ages not to be afraid of lightning.Had children who never entered a kingdom hall.Most of my family served in some capacity at bethel so they dont talk to me.Since then I have been a searcher looking for somthing to fill the void.Has anyone found anything?? My greatest nightmare is to live in a world filled with only Jehovahs Witnesses anyway nice to meet you all

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome aboard, Galaxy7!! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Yes my mom sat me on her lap and read that big orange-covered "Paradise Lost" book. I remember the pictures, mostly. I don't remember being scared by the Armageddon pictures at the time. Maybe my mom turned the page past those pictures, I don't know.

My family doesn't talk to me either, except for my sister and one inactive grandmother. It's been hard to deal with, but I've learned to accept the fact that they've become unlovable. I've immersed myself in my new family and our activities.

Have I found anything to fill the void? More enjoyment of my free time. More time to read. No pressure to "perform" in the Watchtower world. Real friends who don't judge me based on my supposed level of "spirituality", but who are friends just because we are there for each other!

At first I thought about finding some other religious way to follow, but got tired of all the rhetoric. Life is simpler without some man or organization telling you how they think you should interact with a Creator.

You're right -- life in the world envisioned by JW's, with only JW's -- that would be no picnic (let alone a paradise). The JW's can't possibly have it right, given their long history of false predictions. They're good at pointing out illogical teachings like hellfire and trinity, but are terrible at coming up with anything good on their own.

Ok, on with the thread....

• Holden Caufield
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped

Why in the world would you bump a 15 year old thread that never even had traction without saying anything of value?

• Holden Caufield
    Holden Caufield

I wanted peoples, take on the book since I never got to read it.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Holden: I never got to read it

Here ya go:

https://faithleaks.org/wiki/index.php?title=File:1958_plr-E.pdf

It's a WT classic

Enjoy

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m almost ashamed to admit that was the first book i was given to read as a 19 year old convert who didn`t know much if anything about the Bible .

And my mentor thought that was the best way to introduce me to the "truth"

And would you believe I fell for it hook ,line ,and sinker for the next 33 years .?

So you can understand why I am almost ashamed to admit it.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I learned to read from that book. 3 years old. First book I ever read.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    OrphanCrow

You have a good excuse ,what can I say ,I was 19 years old ?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Yep..that was the one book I was made to study...then I got baptised..age 14.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit