My parents are out...

by one_ugly_time 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Thats wonderful news. Wishing you all the best for the days ahead. We were in the Org for over thirty years and have been out for about 2 years now, and we are still angry about all the wasted years. We talk about the cult every day!

Twinkletoes and Kaytee

• shotgun
    shotgun

Congrats on the parents being out..

Not so sure about the shriner thing..but any adult who can ride a tiny scooter must be hiding something

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

One, I'm so happy for yall, even tho yall all have a lot of issues and anger to deal with yet....here's a post regarding the psychological issues of leaving a cult that will be of great help...http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/57203/1.ashx...I didn't realize until someone showed me the info what I'd been dealing with and how to "get over it".....of course, it'll take time.

Hugs,

Frannie B

• one_ugly_time
    one_ugly_time

Twinkletoes and Kaytee - Congratulations on your new life !

Shotgun - I'm not too sure about the Shriner thing either. Maybe it explains somethings to my dad. Maybe it was the "oath of death" mentality and when he heard "you will die at armageddon if you aren't a JW" it had a ring of familiarity. Dunno. I will keep talking.

Frannie B - I bookmarked that link when it was first put up. Great information. I have decided to put the list though a paper cutter, put it all in the waste basket, but then, take one sliver out at a time to work on it. I can't figure out where to start...

ugly

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Funny thing is -- My dad swears he never saw his dad wear his hat and that he has never told a soul about it; so he was totally shocked to hear my question. Very, very cool.

You have a clue about your past. Piecing together memories is rather like building a case. Take it slowly, and build brick by brick. But also remember that dealing with the feelings, i.e. anger, sadness and shame, are far more important than building data. They go hand in hand, but you've made a good first start. Be careful about talking with your father. You could be peering down a deep well.

BTW, you have a PM.

• 2escaped lifers
    2escaped lifers

Yaaaaaaay!!! Congrats!! I hope everything can be put aside and you all get a new beginning. I wish it were our families. My parents and sister are still yelling at me for inferring that their wrong. My husbands parents skirt the issue to the point of these long awkward silent moments in the conversation where there once were comments on the meetings or service etc.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit