Who is the best apologist all-time on this board?

by joenobody 18 Replies latest jw friends

• joenobody
    joenobody

I enjoy reading alot of the apologist's colourful posts on this board as well as witnessing their defeats at the hands of the likes of Farkel and AlanF. Who is your all-time favourite? I have a few nominees:

scholar - A fairly recent poster who is famous for reiterating his non-points as proof of his points, offering no evidence and having some epic battles with AlanF. I think his licence plate probably reads "607ORBUST".

JCanon - long, very verbose posts quoting alot of different material. Not offensive and prone to personal attacks like scholar, but comes off as a loon after much reading

YouKnow - this was my all-time favourite apologist. YouKnow was capable of being arrogant, going on the attach against anyone, smug, and inflammatory. I loved his material and felt tht he probably felt alot more at home here on the board than in his own congregation! I got the idea he shut up in his home cong. after no one would listen to his rantings and never getting appointed.

I want to appoint him here as Chief Apologist (but of course he is gone now). I'd love it if he could come back because at least YouKnow could put up a seemingly plausible argument (unlike scholar) and was smart enough not to pick the same battles twice.

• joenobody
    joenobody

Is there literally no one on here that cares about this?

• Brummie
    Brummie

Jo I think you named the best ones

• Mulan
    Mulan

I rarely read posts on subjects where an apologist would shine, so couldn't guess. I like AlanF though.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

U.2.K.thaGreate$t makes me laugh the most.

• gumby
    gumby

Some are considered the best because they provide detailed information and facts.

Others are good apologists because they can reason well and ask simple questions. They need much less facts to accomplish the same end result.

I feel to cover the whole spectrum of dubland , we need both types.

Gumby

• avishai
    avishai

Really, Gumby? I find the ones that can't argue their way out of a paper bag the funniest!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Fred Hall was one of my favorites - he could be pretty funny sometimes.

YouKnow was sometimes interesting. Each fall he predicted the end of the world and the complete collapse of the worldwide monetary system. Would have voted for Lyndon LaRouche if the Watchtower would let him. Some think he might be the person behind that wacky JW apologist/reform site whose name I can't recall right now.

yadirF was amusing from time to time.

Then there are the guys affiliated with THE REPORT...

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I nominate scholar - he's full-of-himself, tremendously insecure (low self-esteem but tries to compensate), pompous, real entertaining when he's backed into a corner - blusters and makes personal attacks because he won't admit he can't give an adequate answer, yet a passionately loyal JW which is staggering because he bothers (against the WTS counsel) to come here and other taboo sites!

He's great.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Please, Fred Hall,

He was a jerk and we are the better off with out him. He had the gull to insult people on extremely sensitive issues.

I don't miss him on bit. And I know I am not alone.

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit