The Society's Videos

by seeitallclearlynow 19 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Noah - He Walked with God - this is the one I meant -- total condescending BS and insulting -- mind you designed for kids --but hey guess what -- family heads can use it in their family study

• joenobody
    joenobody

I remember when the videos came out along with the CD-ROMS etc. It was a way to stuff JWs with the bill to buy large ticket items and make more money.

"Brothers, don't copy those CD-ROMS - you gotta donate for a legit copy. And hey software like that in the stores might $60 to $100. That should be a good guide as to what to donate." Knowing how cheap CD-ROMs are to reproduce, you just knew this wasn't "giving life's water free".

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Brothers, don't copy those CD-ROMS - you gotta donate for a legit copy

I totally ignored that rule when I was a Witness. England, for example, didn't get the CDs until months after the US; so I burned copies, and sent them to friends in England. Also, locally, it took forever to get a CD if you didn't order one when they first came out; so I would burn copie for local people as well.

seeitallclearlynow... I think that's a comprehensive list. The only other ones I can think are the drama video... A Warning Example for our Day and Respect Jehovah's Authority.

I agree that the Organization video was pretty cheesy propaganda. The United, Stand Firm, and Faithful Under Trials videos were very well-produced, however, and I found them very moving when I was a Witness. I would probably find them sickening now.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I'm glad you did that Euphemism - I was never able to acquire one of the CD Roms because my (stupid) conscience wouldn't allow me to get it w/o paying the $100.00 the Society requested - and I didn't have the $100.00 or the "appreciation" to spend that much. Now I'm glad I didn't, since the good stuff was left off their CD - Randy Watters' are much better and much more complete and honest!!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Excellent point Joenobody! Thanks for pointing that out. People need to know...the Society is so phony and money-grabbing.

• SC_Guy
    SC_Guy

You guys are sooo behind! I will have to encode one of their newest ones.. it's about respect. They have been making live action drama videos that are like 50 or so minutes long... complete nightmare. The respect one is so darn cheesey.. my mom fell asleep 5 minutes through the opening message by the GB. My sister was visiting a friend in Bethel when it came out, they had some big event where they showed it on a big screen and had munchies afterwards... but, we all hated the new one... 50 minutes of hell.

• heathen
    heathen

I have 2 of them and kinda liked them -- The bible -- accurate prophesy and history ( something like that ) and jehovah's witnesses -- the organization behind the name .( I think that one shows some of the mind control in the org.)

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    Nosferatu: Remember when "Org behind the name" came out and everyone was creaming their pants

Actually Nos, I think it was becuse now that the WTBTS was producing video's it was a mark of approval to go out and buy a VCR, so you could watch the Society's videos R-Rated and X-Rated movies.

stillajwexelder: but hey guess what -- family heads can use it in their family study

Hey. Why didn't I think of that? Plop the kids down in front of my newly sanctioned VCR and go downstairs and watch Monday Night Football, and count the time for it!

• heathen
    heathen

yes I suppose that would be pretty traumatizing to kids if they had to watch noah and God destroying millions of people and animals or armageddon videos but somehow football is demonized .

• SC_Guy
    SC_Guy

Oh, something else... they are working on putting all the videos on to the DVD format. They now have the 3 no-blood videos they produced out on DVD's, and the rest of them are supposed to follow suit. The WT/Awake tapes are being replaced with MP3 Cd's... DVD's and CDs are far cheaper to send and produce I suppose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit