Have you ever? (Suffered a Great Disappointment?)

by Terry 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Acerbitous
    Acerbitous

Printed literature was the way to preach for a long time--Luther's 95 Theses became the first best seller from the 70 year old printing press to be mass marketed to the unwashed masses-- the profits were immense-- But today, JWs can hardly give away free literature from those rolling carts I see in public places.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-power-of-luthers-printing-press/2015/12/18/a74da424-743c-11e5-8d93-0af317ed58c9_story.html

I probably have the only 1920 WT of this issue in existence- New light!

"Millions Now Living will never die!"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

No better way to sanctify Jehovah's name than being an apostate commercialized false prophet

...........right ?

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    Thanks for this clear cut explanation Terry, following and sharing.
  • scary21
    scary21

On you tube a video called ...The Watchtower: Roots shoots and those in cahoots.. ! if you haven't seen this video it is a must see. It talks about and shows the family tree from Miller to like you said the Branch Davidians Great post Terry! Thanks. If someone could put the link to this video, that would be cool.

• Terry
    Terry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_c-PdT0SsE

ROOTS, SHOOTS - and those in CAHOOTS
    tracing the "family tree" from William Miller to all the splinter cults.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

William Miller and his Millerite movement is the true origin of the Russell's Watchtower and the modern day Jehovah's Witness religion.

The end of season 2 of the HBO tv show "The Leftovers" featured Miller and the great disappointment. It was powerful watching those Millerites getting up on their rooftops waiting for the end to come.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Very interesting; thanks for posting this information. Proof (if it were needed) that merely having a ready answer for everything doesn't necessarily mean a person is right!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing this video clearly exposes is that religious charlatans (JWS) etc. are inspired to bullshit in a means to self support their endeavors as literature publishers /preachers.

The real fact is the men who ran the IBSA and the eventual JWS organization were apostate commercialized false prophets.

Just because they said Jesus had chosen them (1919) doesn't necessarily mean that's true.

One thing that can be accepted as being true is that these men were self indulgently faithfully loyal to themselves, rather than being subjectivity loyal to Jesus and his instructions for preaching his new Kingdom order.

• scary21
    scary21

Thanks for posting that for me Terry. I will watch it again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit