It just doesn't add up

by micheal 31 Replies latest jw friends

• La Capra
    La Capra

Shortly after I had gotten baptized, I was in the post office, picking up the mail for my father's business. I was in a side alcove and saw the P.O. walking in to pick up his mail (we ran into each other frequently around the center of our little town. His office was just a block from my dad's). Anyway, he didn't see me in the alcove, so he didn't know anyone else who knew him was in that area of the post office. Apparently he had to get something from the pick up window and buzzed for a mail clerk. There was some disagreement or misunderstaniding about the parcel and he really ripped her a new one. He was just awful, in a snide, sarcastic, demeaning, condescending way. I walked past him towards the end of the tirade, so he could see me. From that point on, he began to treat me like he treated that clerk. And he must have been right about me because it was less than six months later that I decided to leave for good (10 months before actualizing it). Shoshana

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

it would have to be when my father told me that if i dont get reinstated soon, that my son (only 1 year old at the time) would be killed at Armageddon, and it would be all my fault. I thought to myself that the true god would not be that cruel and sadistic, So that ended it for me. Then hearing about all the UN stuff really solidified it also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit