I'M BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

by Mary 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Hey everyone! After being gone for several months, I've finally had a chance to come back and say 'hi' to everyone.

Well I took my course on JA-EEEEEE-SUS last term..........got 96% grade!! I think I'll take some more religious courses towards my undergrad degree. What the hell, eh? Might as well put some of this 'knowledge' to use for me. We actually had to do a 3 minute speech in front of the whole class. Oh my god, I felt like I was back on the Ministry School............I was just WAITING for the teacher to start counselling me on Repetition For Emphasis, Introduction Appropriate to Theme, Volume, Pausing, Setting Appropriate To Theme.

Anyone watch Enterprise last night?? The theme of the episode was definitely giving out a strong message to today's Terrorists, but I also noticed some very strong resemblences to the Borg. The one scene where the top "spiritual" leader asks one of his followers who is doubting him:

" Do you believe the Makers work through me?"

"Yes"

"Then you must know, that when you question ME, you're questioning the Makers. There's a name for that. It's called 'heretic'" (I was actually waiting to see if he used the word "apostate").

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome back

and yes we did watch Enterprise last night. That's exactly what hubby and I thought of right away the jw borg mindset.

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Give us a shout, we have moved so leave a msg

Lots of love

Chris and Cath

• mustang
    mustang

I definitely noticed the Star Trek plot. And I very definitely recall the passage you mentioned.

I spent the whole show trying to decide whether it was more about radical Islam or an allusion to JW's. There is the possibility that some 3rd reference is there. But, I think it goes more towards the news of the day: Islam & terrorists.

Now, I wonder how many Trekkie DubZ caught onto this one? I'm sure it didn't escape them. And I bet this one will hit record numbers of Dub viewers. They will be all primed to tape it Sunday night!!!

Mustang

• Mary
    Mary
    I spent the whole show trying to decide whether it was more about radical Islam or an allusion to JW's.

Yep. When I first saw it, I thought "okay, this is directed right at the fanatical aspects of Islam", but boy oh boy, when it started talking about doubting the leader and paradise and about "the Truth", it was like looking right at Brooklyn Heights. Pretty damn scary.

Now, I wonder how many Trekkie DubZ caught onto this one?

Well if they did, they probably kept it to themselves. After all, they KNOW that they have "the Truth"!!!

• mustang
    mustang

And then there was the discussion of "heretics". I don't remember the details, but it boils down to "we're right & you/they are wrong". Ain't it always the same way???

So, the question finally comes up: what do the two factions disagree on? 10 days of creation versus 9!!!!

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit