This man was allowed to freely associate with the Peterborough Congregations of JWs

by punkofnice 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/crime/peterborough-man-jailed-for-14-years-after-subjecting-young-boy-to-years-of-sexual-abuse-1-7715306

Yes. I kid you not. Are you surprised he went to meetings and the elders knew about his perversions?

This man was allowed to associate freely with JWs in Peterborough, UK. by the BOE. I can't say any more without revealing my source, which would not be good for them.

Make of it what you will.

• Saename
    Saename

Another one. I'm truly surprised.

Okay, maybe not yet.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Saename - The JWs I am in contact with have no idea about the ARC. It was a surprise when this pervert got canned. Such a terrible bubble they live in.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yet another "what-the-f**k-were-they-thinking?" case...

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Why not write a letter to your local MP about it?

I will if you will, Punk.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Vid - Yes. I agree.

LUHE - Never thought about it really. I wonder which disinterested fool that would be?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Par for the course for a group of people who're convinced Armageddon will drop any day now and sort it all out.

I recently read parts of a book called "American Apocalypse" which makes a pretty compelling case that apocalypticism itself has been an indirect but significant influence on American politics and culture for far longer than most would have thought.

Taking that into account, the prevailing WT attitude towards internal problems shouldn't be all that surprising.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Punk - I emailed my local MP about FGM and received a letter in return that laid out what this person was going to do and how I could follow their actions.

There's a website of UK politicians that tells you who your local MP is, how to address them, etc.

It would be a very poor politician indeed that ignored a letter about child sex abuse.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

LUHE - This bloke is in prison now. It seems that it would be urinating against the wind to approach an MP about what happened rather than what is happening. I really wouldn't have a clue what to say.

Vid - American politics...shudder. Any politics...puke.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

This bloke is in prison now. It seems that it would be urinating against the wind to approach an MP about what happened rather than what is happening - good point.

But perhaps it's worth bearing in mind that politicians say that they work for us, the British public.

As previously said, it would be a very poor politician who ignored concerns of child abuse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit