Are we just being "sifted" out?

by micheal 17 Replies latest jw friends

• micheal
    micheal

This is an expression all of us heard and read about in the wt. This is also an agrument someone used on me because I am not and have no desire to go to meetings. I for one believe this agrument that I as well as all of you are just being "sifted" out of "Jehovah's Organization" because we are "hard headed" is nothing more than a pile of crap.

So, for all the lukers out there who are questioning and reading our posts. What can we say to these lurkers that just because someone leaves the "truth, that person is not being "sifted" out of "God's Organization" by Jehovah or Jesus himself?

• La Capra
    La Capra

Sure, Michael, why not. That analogy is backward (or is it?), because what gets "sifted out" is what goes into the cake-it is what is the desirable. What stays IN the sifter is what I toss down the garbage disposal. (That reminds me, I was going to have chocolate cake for breakfast-hope it's FULL of 'postates, they're delicious.) Shoshana

• Sirona
    Sirona

Not a lurker...but I will comment anyway...

This is just another way of labelling those who leave. JWs feel better when they think that we only left because we are evil, weak or been forced to leave for some higher purpose of God's.

An elder once made the ridiculous comment that some people were only brought into the "truth" by Jehovah because Jehovah wanted them to bring their family in. Once the job was done, Jehovah just discarded this "tool" of a person because they were no good. I was still a dub then, and I remember thinking how this elder made Jehovah sound like a manipulative b*stard. I also remember thinking "what about Jesus ransom sacrifice? The person who came into the "truth" and spent all that time recruiting their family couldn't be saved by Jesus? They were evil all along and Jehovah just used them?"

This is the whole argument when they suggest that Jehovah "uses" evildoers sometimes to carry out his will. The "sifting" comment makes you wonder why they were in the JWs at all - why did God let them in if he was going to sift them out? Answer: he wanted to USE them until he could get rid.

Sirona

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

You have to remember that the WTS is like Amway. They are selling a product (High Control Religion) and they always want more people to sell more of the product.

This product appeals to a certain segment of the population, which is why people join.

Just as with Amway, if a member does not stay active in the advertising, they will be dropped and looked down upon as lazy.

JWs are not different.

• micheal
    micheal
    This is just another way of labelling those who leave.

Very true. They also believe that there is never a good or proper reason to leave. So what do they do, they put a label on it so others will be hesitant to leave. It's nothing more than a scare tactic.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Q: Why would anyone want to leave the Truth???

A: Because it is not the truth!

Response: *** GASP! ***

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Depends on what you are sifting for. When you are sifting for gold, what is desirable is left *in* the sifter.

CG

• Sassy
    Sassy

I am not a lurker either but I will comment for lurkers to read...

I thought when I stopped being a JW that I would lose blessing in my life... I thought I would lose God's favor..

if so I would have felt sifted out..

however I didn't feel that way. I have had so many blessing in my life that it is hard to believe that there is still not some direction from above.

• micheal
    micheal
    I have had so many blessing in my life that it is hard to believe that there is still not some direction from above.

How can one be "sifted" out of the true religon when leaving means living a more fullfilled happier life.

Just doesn't add up.

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

I thought after I left that everything would go bad for me. Thats what they always taught us. But it never happened! My husband and I had a stronger relationship and our kids were so much happier in school. We built a new house and bought property and made some investments. When the JW's would stop by in service, I'm sure it bugged them that we weren't living poorly and our life style took a turn for the better. If that means being sifted out...I'm glad to be out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit