JWS ADVERTISE IN NY TIMES!

by badboy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

I understand that the jws advertised(at least at 1 sta)ge in the NY TIMES, what was that all about!

• garybuss
    garybuss

They were pissed off about getting a tax bill in French.

The ad said that taxation is religious persecution. Hahahahaha For real!

• badboy
    badboy

tHANKS GARYBUSS, anything juicy happening in your niche of the woods.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hey Bad, Yup! Lots of good stuff here. Our days are even getting longer. January is half over. March is only 6 weeks away. Then spring and warm summer days and cool nights and grilling outdoors. Don't ya love it?

• badboy
    badboy

Wish I could join U!

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    March is only 6 weeks away. Then spring and warm summer days and cool nights and grilling outdoors. Don't ya love it?

We are in the single digits tonight with windchills around -25. I'm counting the days unitl March.

Devon

• Gopher
    Gopher

It seems the WT lawyers weren't winning in Paris. NO amount of spinning could get the French authorities to believe the JW's were actually a charitable organization! Surprise.

So they took their complaint to the American public, perhaps to see if they could get sympathy and/or assistance to overthrow the logical judicial decision of the French authorities.

Donation dollars to the WTS -- down the drain. (I don't think NY Times ads are free...)

• Smyler
    Smyler

There's a picture of the ad for the interested

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

Did they do a typo on Mr Swingle's name - shouldn't it have been Mr Swindle? :)

• Gopher
    Gopher

The Watchtower Society is openly defying their supposed leader, Jesus Christ. He said "to whomever demands the tax, pay the tax. To him who calls for tribute, give tribute."

They're saying "But we have an exception!!" Of course they're the exception because they're not really a charitable organization. The French government has caught on to that.

(To clarify -- this may be stating the obvious, but other churches actually have charitable programs that help hungry, needy and/or homeless. The Watchtower Society has no such program, with the possible exception of teaching some illiterate people in third-world nations to read.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit