Disfellowshipped for celebrating holidays?

by Robert_V_Frazier 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
    mouthy

My husband was NOt a JW... This reminds me of one of my WT sins... Sorry to steal the thread. But the first year I decided not to celebrate -my husband insisted he would -he wrote the cards got the tree- took all day to decorate it. Then after it was all done he stood on the arm of the chair to put the angel on the top!!!! He fell into the tree it all came down ,smashed the decorations etc> I laughed & told him it was Jehovahs will ....I repeated it at the Kingdum Hell. They all laughed too. How wicked was that??????? But I have to remember "He that puts his hand to the plough & looks back is lost" we wont make straight roads looking back. we were under an evil influence

• Princess
    Princess

Christmas decorations brought the elders to visit us after seven years of inactivity. They announced it a few weeks later.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Grace, that is hilarious. I would have laughed too..................I am laughing.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

But if you had been hurt mouthy, all the brothers and sisters at the KH would have said -------------

Its demonized

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well I WAS the one demonized-for sure!!!! Mulan !!! Your bad. !!!! You should have cried at that.(LOL)... I do !!! Every time I think of what i put my hubby through ( & everyone else) I feel like joining just2laws with the Jack Daniels lol

• Robert_V_Frazier
    Robert_V_Frazier

Thanks, everybody. I was aware of the policy, in a general way at least, but I wanted to get some actual examples of it having happened. For the discussion I'm in, DF or DA makes no difference. You've all been a real help!

Robert V. Frazier

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

You're not df'ed for celebrating birthdays. An elder here stepped down because of birthday celebrations, as he wanted his children to experience those parties, and no action was taken, as long as he kept it quiet, did not promote his view any further.

Stafford also arguments that chopping each other's head off was not a common practise at birthday celebrations, so the argument circling around John the Baptist is not a valid one. The article recently on these Mexican fiestas also made a 180 degrees turn from earlier, as did the QFR on luck charms or rings or stones or whatever.

I know there was a QFR a few years ago that was finished from the translation desk here - I know a translator - and he was very surprised at the content (he did not specify, but said, "We all thought that wow! is that allowed from now on?") - but just as the article should be printed, it was redrawn and another QFR came in stead.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Then after it was all done he stood on the arm of the chair to put the angel on the top!!!! He fell into the tree it all came down ,smashed the decorations etc> I laughed & told him it was Jehovahs will ....I repeated it at the Kingdum Hell

Mouthy , you crack me up. I had a good laugh at that.

wannaexit

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

My question is, how do you get caught for celebrating birthdays? I can see other holidays because of the decorations and whatnot, but birthdays are a one day thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit