Internal conflict ? A JW is always "sick" and misses meetings. Doubting?

by somebodylovesme 12 Replies latest jw friends

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Lady Lee -

Your problems sound a LOT like my mother-in-law's. Headaches are her primary, but most of the other things are part of her condition which, the more I read, I surely do believe is psychosomatic. It's interesting to hear about the self-depricating feelings... I hope she doesn't feel that way, but perhaps she does because her son left the truth, or - who knows - maybe she does doubt her own goodness. I guess you never know what's going on in someone's head.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Somebody

If her son has left - I agree she would feel even more of a failure than the average JW. Being a woman in the org is a sad place to be.

Your profile says your husband is a ex-JW so I will assume you have never been one. Women bear all the work - no responsibility but all the blame. And all JWs are told what they do is never enough.

Stress is the norm. But since they are "Jehovah's happy people" they have to be in denial about how this lifestyle is crushing the life out of them.

• onintwo
    onintwo

Close tie between the emotional state and the physical state. Couldn't agree more.

I know that when I was "in" I'd wake up in the morning, get out of bed feeling tops, then suddenly remember it was Tuesday, and consequently I'd have to endure the Service Meeting/Ministry School that evening. I could actually feel the zest and vigor drain out of me. NO, I didn't want to go, but for years forced myself. I'm ashamed that I didn't buck up, and admit it sooner.

Onintwo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit