why haven't the elders talked to him yet???

by Homer notsimpson 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Homer notsimpson
    Homer notsimpson

My brother got himself in hot water, ive been posting alot about this only cuz i care for him so much.the story goes like this, ge and a girl wete sexting very on and off for a year, they haven't sexted in a year due to her finding a bf... They were engaged in less than a year, and it broke off in AUGUST ,she tries to commit suicide, and talked to the elders, she told my brother that and that shes gonna tell on him too.. She got df in AUGUST ( shes been reproved before) and its now JANUARY 2017.. She claims that she did tell, but because the elders didn't know what his hall was they couldn't do anything, is that a possibility? Why haven't they talked to him? Could it bw that she didn't tell on him? Couls it be that elders sent a letter to bethel asking if sexting like this justifies a judicial comitee? Please help.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I recall your previous question about this. Frankly, no one here has a crystal ball to be able to determine why 5 months have passed without any contact. We could only speculate.

1) Lazy, apathetic elders that didn't bother trying to find out what Cong he is in

2) She erased photo so there is no evidence other than her "word" which is the testimony of only 1 witness so they didn't bother to pursue it

3) They are unable to determine what Cong he is in and thus have not notified anyone

4) If he is "fading" or inactive, his BOE may have determined it was not worth pursuing

One recommendation I can definitely make: use spellcheck for your next post

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Sexting is pretty much under the loose conduct banner I believe.

Hard to know, sounds like she didnt drop a dime on him. Maybe he got lucky.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

she tries to commit suicide, and talked to the elders, she told my brother that and that shes gonna tell on him too.. She got df in AUGUST ( shes been reproved before) and its now JANUARY 2017.. She claims that she did tell, but because the elders didn't know what his hall was they couldn't do anything, is that a possibility?

Are you going to believe the words of a messed up suicidal woman that is no longer in a relationship with him? Who knows what/if she told anything to the elders. And at the end of the day, who cares.

I agree, I remember your question previously posted. No one can really tell you why the elders haven't talked to him. All we can do is guess at best.

As I suggested in your previous thread, this could be a great opportunity, as a loving sibling, to have a nice talk about responsible relationships and sex decision making with your brother. Rather than worrying about the elders, probably your brother may need support and guidance about making more responsible choices around sexting with a suicidal JW woman. The elders and the entire JW system will be more than happy to shame and shun him. He will have plenty of that. Support, love and understanding may be a little scarce for him in this situation.

How supporting of him are you?

• just fine
    just fine

Let it go, get on with life. If they had something on him they would have come after him already.

Maybe she did tell and the elders think she is a nut, so didn't do anything with it. Maybe she didn't tell....

• btlc
    btlc

Tell your brother to sleep peacefully, nothing will happen. No one is interested in a two years old minor offenses, probably without any evidence.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

...and since it is old and minor, tell your brother to DENY DENY DENY if anything ever comes up.

"That girl is nuts. She told you what? No, never happened."

After DENYING, don't provide any kind of information. They would want to know what he did say to her, how often they talked, YADDA YADDA YADDA.

Go back to "That girl is nuts. She told you what? No, never happened." Add, "That's all I got to say."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit