Being Theocratic Before Meetings

by Nosferatu 12 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Some young Bethel brothers got around that by recording their heavy metal/rock music on the Kingdom melody cassette boxes. They got found out and booted.

Blondie

• undercover
    undercover

Blondie, I remember that about the tapes. I knew a guy that did that. Cassette tapes have those holes on the ends to protect you from accidentally recording over them. The Bethel brothers taped over the holes on the Kingdon Melodies tapes and recorded their own favorite music on them. They took the tape off after recording and no could tell it had been done.

In our house, the rule was no TV on meeting nights. Before or after. All thought process was to be on theocratic things. At first, Saturdays after service and Sundays after meetings were not included, but one time she tried to force it. With 3 males in the household that loved to watch NFL games, she quickly lost that fight.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Some young Bethel brothers got around that by recording their heavy metal/rock music on the Kingdom melody cassette boxes.

Were these tapes actually shipped to Kingdom Halls, or were they just for personal use? LOL!

In our house, the rule was no TV on meeting nights.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Mine was NO VIDEOGAMES before the meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit