Dating Advice

by Youngaposthate 9 Replies latest social relationships

• Youngaposthate
    Youngaposthate

As a young person who hasn't had lots of experience in the dating game, what would ex jws recommend with all these severed relationship ties from family. What are the do's and dont's

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Fill yer boots.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

First of all how old are you? that info won`t give away your identity but would be helpful in giving you some advice .

• Wagurl
    Wagurl
    If your young My advice is don’t do what I did. I went from being “don’t talk to guys from my parnets control” to I’m free and talking to everyone (at school). There should be balanced. I wish I had someone to tell me that a year or so ago.
  • Wagurl
    Wagurl

I would recommended exploring and experimenting since likely you haven’t if your a long time JW or raised as one.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Maybe get to know yourself first and in the meantime see what life brings.

Don't over think it.

The key is to be yourself, but if you are young and recently out of the JW's then mission one is to 'know thyself'....

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Be yourself and be safe (carry and insist on using protection), get tested. Beyond that there are no limits. Do what you feel is good for you and don't overthink it. When things go sideways or people tell you what to do, walk away.

Eventually you'll form an idea of what you are and what you like for a more stable relationship.

To find a date is easy, OkCupid or any number of dating sites will allow you to find all sorts of people within your preferences. AshleyMadison if you're looking for more private encounters and more experienced people. Stay away from the fling sites like PlentyOfFish, generally not worth it unless they have a scene you're into, check out FetLife if you're serious about those types of experiments.

• Youngaposthate
    Youngaposthate

22 male

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Hi youngaposthate,

My daughter who is 22 as well DMd you.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Be yourself and be safe (carry and insist on using protection), get tested.

Anoyn Mous ...

Excellent point. My wife and I agree, maybe disagree, but in the end agree.

Protection is important. Rub a Dub (ver. 2.2 beta) agrees that protection is important.

It would not be fun to get "the drip" and have to go to the doctor for a shot of penicillin with this COVID-19 thing all around. Better to be safe than sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit