What Did you Plan On Doing In The New System?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Every child and Bible student was told about how wonderful the "new system" was going to be. "And what animal do you want to have in the new system?"......That was a very typical question. "What type of work would you like to do in the paradise?"......"Did you know that you are going to be a gardener and a house builder, too?".......I remember service meeting parts directed to hearing little kids tell us all their fantasies in the "new system". What was yours?

• Badger
    Badger

That was my first snag with the teachings...I knew, from experience as a kid in a very strict home, that I was bound to mess up at some point, and that perfection just didn't allow for that...I guess I would walk on eggshells until I did/said/thought something that would end it all. "Ooops, Badger didn't listen,

• shamus
    shamus

Pick fruit and stare at the walls.

• micheal
    micheal

wear my checkerd polyester shirt buttoned up to the top petting a lion

for 347 years.

• dustyb
    dustyb

well i was planning on having wild mad crazy sex with my future wife for hours on end, non stop. Then i was gonna drink some beer, then have some more sex.....

• minimus
    minimus

Hey! You guys can't loaf around all your lives drinking beer and having continuous sex.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    What Did you Plan On Doing In The New System?

Living happily ever after.

Would have been nice.

• minimus
    minimus

"Drinking beer and having continuous sex" would be nice too!

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Part of the problem is, when you ask yourself, what would your life be like if it were just the way you want it, you may start out with non-stop sex and beer, but you recognize that if that were actually your life you'd be unhappy pretty soon (even 50 years is pretty soon if you're going to live forever!) and most of us get happiness from solving problems and helping other people (which means, of course, that other people need help). The JW paradise includes doing work apparently which, I guess, is recognizing that people need something to do. But what kind of paradise requires work? Isn't everything supposed to be perfect? What kind of work did Adam and Eve do?

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I had the dream of having my own spaceship, and it would be so cool it would have separate toilets for men and women!!

How cool is that? Much better than endless beer and sex.......(well ok, maybe not the beer....)

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit