venting: My wife is the most dangerous kind of JW

by goingthruthemotions 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

Hi ! you said

"she believes everything they teach and i mean everything without question..."

- Is she believing the Bible also ? ... or only men's words ...

you may read and gave her to read from God's word ... any translation (no problem) as you will find in the following list

https://www.facebook.com/Seeker4GodsKingdom/posts/1596983540587058

~ wantingtruth ~

• sir82
    sir82

Do you think your organisation is perfect?

No

So what’s wrong with it?

That's pretty good, but it just sets up the line "It's run by imperfect men".

And if you press them for specifics, they'll just chirp on about "new light" and "old light" and how the "old light was wrong" and so, ipso facto, the imperfect men back then got it wrong, and maybe there will be "new light" in the future, yadda yadda yadda.

IMHO, a better approach might be "Is there anything the organization could do, or teach, that would convince you that they are not God's chosen ones?"

If they say "no", well, they are hopeless. Move along.

If they say "yes", ask what it is. Odds are the organization has done or is doing something like that already.

E.g., political involvement? UN NGO-DPI membership 1991 - 2001. Child abuse coverup? Too many examples to mention. Hypocrisy / double standards? The elders manual book about how elders can "get away" with past sins that a "regular" JW would pay for. Printing falsehoods? The dozens of out-of-context quotes in the Creation book, Trinity brochure, etc. And so on.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

A person with blinkers on cannot see sideways no matter what you do.

I have former JW "friends" who every time they hear about a disaster such as a tornado, hurricane, or earthquake will immediately say "Oh the poor brothers. I will pray that they are safe."

Why don't you pray for the rest of the people who have suffered? But they will not, because they are told that those people are going to be destroyed at Armageddon anyway.

Callous, uncaring, and blinkered.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Sir82, this is my wife. she believes everything is from there god to the gb monkies. it is hopeless. at this point in time i have pretty much stopped talking to her.

just coexisting in the same house. it is a moot point. when ever she goes to the meeting or service. she comes back a different person. very strange and scary....a glazed over look in her eyes. she has gotten worse now that her halls mergered. like she needs to prove a point.

just a little back history. we have been together for 30 years and married 28 yrs. she was born into the cult, but when i met her she was not involved. we celebrated everything unilt 2008 when i got the bright idea that we need god in our live. she said she will not go anyplace but the jw's. i thought....how bad could they be. man was i wrong. anyways, i got involved and became a MS around 2011 and woke up in 2013 after the infamous artilce about following them no matter what. right then i knew i needed to get out with my family. she dug in her heels. i stopped going in during 2014 and have never gone back.

she knows how i feel about the cult, our boys have no interest in the cult.

as i stated my wife will never wake up, it will take a miriacle and right now i have a hard time believing in god. so its hopeless.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    My wife, like her mother, and her mother's mother ... follows that same pattern. Drives me nuts.
  • TD
    TD
    As i stated my wife will never wake up, it will take a miracle and right now i have a hard time believing in god. so its hopeless.

Obviously you know your wife better than we do.

One thing to keep in mind here on this forum however, is that most of us think pretty much alike. Sure we have different opinions on political and social topics, but we arrive at those opinions through basically the same process.

We use terms like, "cult" and "blinkers" and "waking up" because that describes the way we think.

But not everybody is like that. Not everybody thinks like that.

For the longest time, I did not understand this. (In retrospect, I would say, "refused.")

I knew JW doctrine backwards, forwards and sideways. I could read the NT it its original language. I knew their history (I'm even cited as a source in the Wikipedia article "Eschatology of Jehovah's Witnesses") better than almost all of them.

None of that mattered. Religion is an affair of the heart, not the mind. Facts are powerless in the face of emotion. Worse, they will build up a wall between you and your wife.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    goingthruthemotions - "...very strange and scary....a glazed over look in her eyes. she has gotten worse now that her halls mergered. like she needs to prove a point..."

I've seen that a number of times over the years, too...

...and as a result, have come to suspect that many dyed-in-the-wool loyalists nevertheless themselves - albeit unconsciously - fear that the writing just might actually be on the wall for the WTS...

...and are acting that way to (somehow) keep the dream alive and/or "save" the Org.

After all, if the WTS really did decline or collapse, it would be rather elegant proof that it isn't "God's Earthly Organization" after all (and therefore a "false religion"), wouldn't it?

I could be wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit