I registered to vote yesterday.

by Zoos 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Zoos
    Zoos

I had to take the drivers license was up for renewal so while filling out the paperwork, I checked the Motor Voter box. (Explanation of Motor Voter: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=motor%20voter%20law )

They already had all my information. All I needed to do was fill in my phone number and "sign right here, please." Another milestone, I guess. Five years out of the cult and I'm still bumping into progress.

Remarkable.

One question remains... which lying piece of self-serving, arrogant, numbnuts (possibly NO-nuts) do I want leading America into the future?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Feels good!! Doesn't it!!!
  • Zoos
    Zoos
    Well, if I wasn't going to die at Armageddon before.... I AM NOW!
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Don't let that Borg mind set fear you. There probably is no Armageddon. At least not by how the JW's proclaim it.
  • Nihilistic Journey
    Nihilistic Journey
    I had to register to add this. When I was trying to fade in the mid 1990s I went to a Pearl Jam concert in my home city and got drunk in the parking lot. Then I apparently registered to vote with some one in the parking lot of the venue. The next day I saw my picture on the front page of the newspaper! I have always wondered what happened when the elders saw that picture.
  • Zoos
    Zoos
    I have always wondered what happened when the elders saw that picture.

They probably nodded and said, "This is the debauchery they fall into when they leave God's righteous organization." Welcome to the forum, N. J. Hope to learn more about you in coming posts.

BETH SARIM - I'm not in that mindset. I was just joking.

Actually, I was remarkably unexcited, despite my awareness of the fact that it was my first time.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The great thing about voting, when a JW complain about world affairs I

tell them, how can you complain you have no right to complain. If you feel there

in injustice in the world, suck it up my friend.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

LOL that is hilarious NJ.

zoos that is awesome. im going for Bernie. Hillary did a nice job at the debate, but it's ridiculous to think she will help heal divisions in this country, didn't she mention that was her goal? Yeah....

i really like voting for local issues too. But presidential elections are great. I love staying up late at night watching the statistics come in across the country. good stuff! I will be sad to see Obama leave tho. It's so weird thinking he won't be president anymore.

• krejames
    krejames
    Nice work . Earlier this year I voted in the uk general election for the first time. It felt really liberating bit i I know what you mean about erm being spoiled for choice ;) Good on you Zoos!
  • YinzerDad
    YinzerDad

I was always big into politics, even though it was of "the world". I finally told my mom I didn't want to attend the Kingdom Hall anymore when I was about 15. Later that year in school I signed up for the Hi-Y Youth in Government weekend where high schoolers across the state gathered at the state capitol and got to be pretend legislators/governors for a day. We drafted bills and voted and made speeches. Fun stuff for a political junkie.

To start the weekend off we gathered in the House chamber and listened to the Governor (the actual Governor, Bob Wise at the time) speak. He led us all in the Pledge of Allegiance. So, in open defiance of the WTBS (take that!) I stood up, slapped my hand across my heart and pledged my allegiance to Old Glory! It felt great. It felt even better when I got home and my mom comes storming up to me and said "You pledged allegiance to the flag?! You were on the local news! Elder Joe and my sister both called to tell me!"

It's all about the little victories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit