Valis

http://www.ipodsdirtysecret.com/

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

so, do you have an iPod?

From the website:
    In response to this my brother Van and I made the short film "iPod's Dirty Secret" After we finished production of the film, but not necessarily in response to it, Apple began offerring a battery replacement program for the ipod for a fee of $99 and an extended warranty for the ipod for $59.

Nice little short. Proves that films can be effective in changing "minds".

• Valis
    Valis

yes I do. Its great, but one could see that little plan by Apple. Have people toss the IPod and then go have to buy another one a year later. It doesn't help you can't even change your own battery either.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Have people toss the IPod and then go have to buy another one a year later.

Looks like the ol' corporate greed got it's comeupance from a little filmmaker. I love stories like this.... makes you wonder how they initially thought they could get away with it.

(now, back to my p.c. )

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I can't see this because I don't have Quicktime installed, but don't newer generation iPods have better batteries? I heard the older ones had lithium polymer batteries but the new ones are lithium ion.

• sens
    sens

and this shocks u?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

sens: nothing shocks me after syrup sent me that one pic of you!

• jws
    jws

Seems like that plan would backfire. OK, they suckered you into buying the first one, but who is going to go out and buy another one, knowing they're going to have to keep buying them every 18 months?

• kls
    kls

Thanks for info.my son bought me an ipod for x-mas and they are not cheap.I have noticed it does not stay charged long.You guys are so full of it(.Information i mean) thanks kls

• Valis
    Valis

kls...turn it on and let the battery drain all the way so the Apple symbol won't come on. Then charge it for even up to 2 or 3 days and leave it alone. You may also need to reset it first. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit