Does anyone here have connections to JW in Lebanon?

by Minae 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Minae
    Minae

I want to report a JW member (Lebanon) for some issues. Can anyone help?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Marhaba

I have no connections to Lebanese JWs.

However, I must ask the question: what issues do you have in mind?

Is the issue of the utmost severity? (e.g. child abuse)

Or is it something trivial?

• MaxPayne
    MaxPayne

PM Me. I know the Lebanese witnesses, they were in my previous congregation.

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Are JW's in the open in Lebanon or underground like in most Sharia law countries?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@LUHE --Minae has posted other threads about her life and issues with specific jw's.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Remember the fifteen witness rule: unless everyone in Lebanon saw the offense and has it on film, it don't count and the Branch Office will advise that you not bother them. If it is a serious offense like murder or mutual masturbation, YOU will be set on fire in the Public Square, then the WTB&TS will find that there is no accuser and the offender will be consoled for the ordeal they endured with faithfulness like unto Daniel in the belly of Jonah in the belly of a whale riding on a giant turtle under a tangerine sky.

If there is no Public Square, one will be built for you, then sold for a profit to the Church of Scientology.

[/droll humor/ OFF]

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Stan Livedeath - thanks, didn't know this. I'll read up on her other threads.

Are JW's in the open in Lebanon or underground like in most Sharia law countries? - Lebanon isn't a Sharia law country, although I don't know how 'open' the JWs are there.

Lebanon is very diverse, religiously speaking.

Still, Hezbollah (Shia Muslim nutjobs) are big in Lebanon so JWs may be very quiet.

At a guess, they probably witness to Lebanese Christian and Druze but not to Lebanese Muslims.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I knew some uber Lebanese JWs in Australia. Saad? Was the last name I think. I know at the time there was a Lebanese (Arabic) speaking congregation in Sydney and in Melbourne. I remember going to it, and most of the people there were Lebanese, who had contacts back in Lebanon.

JWs are free to do their thing in Lebanon, but I think great discernment has to be used.

Im guessing as a last resort you can write to wt themselves in the Philippines, asking them to forward it to Lebanon. But just how compliant and cooperative they would be could be another matter.

Im sure unofficial means would be more quicker and produce better results. Some one here will know some one. Trust me the JW world isn't that big of a place. I hope you can nail it to this guy, and I'm sure the elders and his family will be very interested to know what he got up to when he was abroad.

• Minae
    Minae

joe134cd

Unofficial means?

I just really want them to know. It's all up to them whether they will tolerate him or whatever. Thank you.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

@joe134cd.

Yes the Saba family. William Saba is currently a co in Melbourne / Victoria area here in Australia. He has connections in Lebanon.

His father who wasn't a jw passed away recently.

@Minae.

jw's don't take much notice of those not related to them by religion.

I would be careful as to whom you choose to tell. Humans can be quite vindictive when their perceived position in the jw hierarchy is threatened.

jtg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit