Sometimes it's the little things....

by dubstepped 35 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WASANELDER:

Very funny and this just shows the absolute stupidity and lack of backbone in Witnesses.

Years ago I saw a non-JW man who wore his watch that way..but he was afraid of cracking the watch because he was clumsy! Nowadays with expensive watches, nobody’s going to hide them.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FEDUPJW:

Don’t quite think the illustration of the dented pan applies to what I meant.

What I meant was - why promote more ignorance and stupidity?? It would have been far better if another brother gave an answer (after the mispronouncing brother) that included the CORRECT pronunciation and usage of the word. The ignorant brother should have the humility to go home and privately brush up on his grammar, etc.

(Not meaning to detract from the OP, since this is clearly about stupid JWs blindly following and imitating people in the religion.)

• Londo111
    Londo111

Now I think we see one factor in the whole simplification in the publications.

Just a couple decades ago, the publications at least expanded people's vocabularies. It took some mental activities to keep up with all the reading.

Now things are almost to the point of, "See Jane. See Jane Pioneer."

Of course, videos are replacing the central focus reading used to have.

• TD
    TD

I remember two gentlemen with similar names (Van Horn & Van der Wal) both thought they had been called on to give the prayer. This was back at a time (late 60's) when the person simply stood up from their seat and prayed without the aid of a microphone.

These two guys were at opposite sides of the seating area and although they couldn't hear each other over their own voices, those of us in the middle could hear them both.

All of us know that JW prayers are driven by a pretty strict formula, but up until that point, it had never really struck me as creepy.

--It was like listening to automatons.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

I recently heard an experience from a near by congregation the proves you don't have to be smart or an inspiring teacher to be an elder, all you need to be is an unswerving company man. Elder not very bright was trying to read the word extemporaneous and he twice from the platform said ex temporary anus....

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Laurel and Hardy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit