Is Tim Burton that good or...

by joannadandy 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• Descender
    Descender

I'm a man, and I hardly ever cry at any movies, but Big Fish brought the tears out. I tried all my normal strats to not cry like telling myself that it's just actors up there and trying to quelch it all up into a ball in my throat, but it didn't work, the tears were going to come out no matter what.

And I surely wasn't the only one that cried, because when the end credits stared rolling, no one in the whole theater got up, they all sat there trying to stop the flow of tears before they showed their faces outside. Only movie that I remember going to that that happened.

Anyway, I enjoyed it, even though it made me shed a few tears. My wife said that anyone that didn't cry at that movie probably had their tear ducts surgically removed.

• Irishize
    Irishize

My daughter has loved Nightmare Before Christmas since it came out 10 years ago and has insisted on seeing Burton's films whenever one comes out. Personally I'm a big Batman fan, though I was not all that pleased with Sleepy Hollow's treatment of Christians (the two actively Christian characters were both detestable) but Big Fish was something we both loved. When we got out of the movie her eyeliner was all over her cheeks. I can't laugh too much without stating that I made sure I didn't wear any eye make-up because I knew I was going to being wiping it all off during the film.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit