Associated Jehovah's Witnesses for Reform on Blood

by Lee Elder 18 Replies latest jw friends

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Lee

I'd love to read a history on the origins of AJWRB, but whether thats possible due to confidentiality whatever? It would be a great read.....

I think most of us now realise that the Watchtower Society will not reform, something I once hoped for with great expectations. But like The Third Reich, it will remain committed to its agenda until the poison drink is passed to the children and the leaders blow their brains out with Luegers.

Or do you still think reform is possible?

Sincerely,

Pope

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Lee,

Thanks for posting a link to my essay on monochorionic gestation in your latest newsletter as well as noting it in your web site.

I hope your site continues to help prevent the needless death of a few kids.

hawk

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Dear PopeofEruke,

AJWRB's purpose and goals remain unchanged. We applied a great deal of pressure in the late 90's and there was the possibility of the doctrine being discarded at that time. I believe that a number of the WT leaders wanted that too but they simply did not have the votes. They did, however, have enough input to push through some significant changes, namely the right of each JW to use every known blood fraction. This is going to safe a lot of lives when the hemoglobin solutions become widely available.

It is my belief that there will be more reforms. This is a process that we have begun. Slow and painful to watch but necessary. I don't know that I would do anything differently. I think we played it right. What I never envisioned is how many people would leave the WTS after critically examining the blood policy. That was never part of the plan - and still isn't. Apparently the truth does set people free.

Lee

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Hi Minimus,

The pattern has been pretty much the same for Elders and HLC members as it has for the rank and file publisher. They start reading about the blood issue, they become interested in doing something to help, they continue learning about the WTS other problems, they decide they want to get on with their lives.

Perhaps the better question is why don't the rest of us? The answer is we are too damn stubborn.

Lee

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Dear PopeofEruke,

You can read about the history of AJWRB here:

http://www.ajwrb.org/about.shtml

We may provide something more elaborate in the future. Some of us still have family members inside so we prefer to be cautious.

If we define reform as: "a change for the better as a result of correcting abuses", my response would be yes - the WT can be reformed. Indeed, it must be reformed.

Lee

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Thank you for the post, Lee. As a non-JW, I find the Watchtower's view on the judicious medical use of blood inexplicable, illogical and immoral. It makes me furious.

Thank you for your excellent website. I have referred people to it many times.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Dear Concerned Mama,

Very pleased to hear of your position, that you appreciate the material and that you refer others to the site. Education is the greatest enemy the WTS has on this issue.

Lee

• izobcenec
    izobcenec
    In the video, "Transfusion - Alternative Strategies - Simple, Safe, Effective", the Watchtower moderator makes repeated use of the expression non-allogeneic transfusion. You may recall that in 2002 the Watchtower printed the pocket sized advance directive using this new expression but then quickly ordered the cards destroyed before most could be distributed. The card is presented here for those who may have not seen it.

Lee: I believe, the whole thing was a consequence of a spelling error. As you can se on the scanned "advance directive", the word allogenic is spelled allogeneic...

Best regards, Izzy

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Actually, izobcenec, 'allogeneic' is the correct spelling.

From m-w.com:

Main Entry: al·lo·ge·ne·ic
    Pronunciation: "a-lO-j&-'nE-ik
    Variant(s): also al·lo·gen·ic / -'je-nik /
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: all- + -geneic (as in syngeneic)
    Date: 1961
    : involving, derived from, or being individuals of the same species that are sufficiently unlike genetically to interact antigenically

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit