Length of creative days.

by dothemath 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JCanon
    JCanon

Hi Elsewhere..

Very good observation...you got me thinking...

And there came to be evening and there came to be morning

But I think I have it. Or at least I'm comfortable with this theory. Since it says there was "evening" first and then "morning" it might simply be a poetic way to observe the passing of one day into the next, but that reference acknowledging the LAST DAY of that day, however, long it is. Like we all stay up and countdown to New Year's.

If that's the case then the general reference works for referencing the last evening which then turns to the next "morning" only the evening and morning do not belong to the same day as some think, but the evening belongs to one day and the morning to the next, that is, the morning referencing the beginning of a new day. So it's POETIC. It's a poetic way of going from way day to the next, a general reference.

In strict Jewish observation and cosmology, though, of note, evening would refer to from Noon to Midnight, and Morning from Midnight to Noon, with the ending of evening and begining of morning occurring at Midnight. This could just be the meaphorical way of ending the day, therefore, of whatever length it is.

Again, though, the BIBLICAL SUGGESTION found in Hebrews that God would not let the Jews who rebelled after the Exodus to "enter my rest" day, after he had already rested from creation suggests a SABBATH, or 7th day period that was to come forward that would be special, obviously the millennium, simply meaning those who are resurrected early (144K) to be part of the millennium ("the rest of the dead come to life after the 1000 years have ended" Rev) would not include these Jews of the post-Exodus because they saw God's works and yet still disobeyed. So BIBLICALLY, one would not presume a single 24-hour day, nor a 1000-year day, but a 7000-year day as our best guess.

JC

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

JCAnon:

For all we know creation itself may have DISTORTED some geological or atomic factors we are observing and thus false readings are being presumed by science.

I used to reason like that, when I was trying to convince myself of a 7000 year creative day. I used to speculate that the "flood" might have affected the carbon-dating accuracy. Then I learned about tree rings...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit