THEY act like the ones who are hurt??!!

by stuckinarut2 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It really amazes me when jws act like WE are hurting THEM!

Many of us have found that if we stop associating with them for valid reasons, THEY act all upset and hurt that we would be "so cruel as to limit our association or cut them off"

I know of friends here on the forum who have been told by parents that they "will shun them if they leave Jehovah" , and yet when the shoe is on the other foot and our awake friends shun them first, the parents cry and bemoan the situation and say how "cruel it is to deprive them of their company"

How hypocritical!

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

So true. My mother is suffering from depression because her children have left Jehovah. The sisters in the congregation are rallying around her and trying to cheer her up. BUT we are the same people we have always been and she is the one pulling away from us and saying we have nothing in common just because we are no longer seat fillers at the hall.

The "it's not our fault" mentality comes from the top down. Nothing is ever their fault.

• zeb
    zeb

We had a move (work) and jw promised they would keep in touch.

Well they have made two phone calls in 25 years. Each to ask for anothers phone number.

As I bump into other jw who say the usual 'We haven't seen you in ages' I answer always the same; 'Still live in the same house.'

• zeb
    zeb

At the last hearing of the jw at the ARC one of the goons said 'if people leave they are shunning the org' and he attempted to convince the justice that it was not the other way round. It didn't work as the ARC had the wt publications that tell members (!) to shun.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    It really amazes me when jws act like WE are hurting THEM!

The biggest turnoff to me is when any institution, political party, person, organization, company, anything act passive aggressively, acting as if they are the victim.

Something that fascinates me is seeing the switching from passive to aggressive. It never ceases to amaze me. When they realize that playing victim doesn't work, then they show their true colors, their claws come out.

Sadly that manipulation works for many people.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It's a cult. We aren't the first, we won't be the last. It's human nature that fringe groups will attract fringe people, to catch, condition, and release us like fish.

I was a born in, so it wasn't my choice to be here, but it was my choice to leave. They took everything I had before though. And yeah, I probably "hurt" them. And to that, I offer a hearty "F**k that S**t" Since I lost my entire family, I know the real truth. They took them from me.

It doesn't matter how they frame it, we know TTATT. That will have to be good enough.

Threads like this make me sad for us all, but I refuse to lay down and die. I don't want anyone who is reading this to give into the bullshit. I love lyrics, always have. (not JW bullshit songs, real stuff). I always liked Billy Joel simply because he fought. So I leave you with "It's All About Soul" Work with the meaning and understand that WE can set our own rules. Have some heart.

This life isn't fair
    It's gonna get dark, it's gonna get cold
    You've got to be tough, but that ain't enough
    It's all about soul
    There are people who have lost every trace of human kindness
    There are many who have fallen, there are some who still survive
  • jp1692
    jp1692

Cults actively cultivate a “victim mentality” and learned helplessness among their members. It keeps them docile and easier to control.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah`s Witnesses speak with a forked tongue !

" We don`t shun anybody if they leave the congregation then they are shunning us "

And on the other hand

"If a baptized Jehovah`s Witness leaves the "truth" and doesn`t repent we will shun him/her as a bad association"

or words to that effect .

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

STUCK - "I know of friends here on the forum who have been told by parents that they "will shun them if they leave Jehovah."

I was was once in the home of the Secretary (elder then, not now)) when he warned his 14 year old son that if he ever "left the truth" he would be put out of the house!

Guess what? Both of the ex-elder's children (now early 20's) have since "left the truth," got worldly partners, and are still at home. Wonderful to see that parental love overcame the Borg mentality.

• JRK
    JRK

The lie that they are told to support their stance Is that disfellowshipping is a "loving provision." Loving provision MY ASS!

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit