Comments You Will Not Year at the 1-11-04 WT Study

by blondie 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JeffT
    JeffT

A couple of comments.

Maverick is right on, the R&F have their head stuck so far in, they can't tell the difference anymore. Somebody says "Jehovah" and they think "organization."

Blondie, as I've been reading your discussions on the Watchtower studies, I keep coming back to one simple fact: there's nothing there. When I started studying in 1973, I could at least delude myself into thinking I was learning about the Bible. There is no Bible study going on in the Watchtower anymore. If there was an article that didn't boil down to "listen to us, do what we say, go out in field service more, and give us more money" I missed it.

Whre is the bible study in that?

• Faraon
    Faraon

Works of mercy?

Although not yet relieved of afflictions, we support one another and comfort those who are depressed.

As a result, true inner contentment is promoted among Jehovah?s people (Christians?). Brothers appointed as shepherds lovingly minister to our spiritual?and at times physical?needs (that?s right, the elders show up with food and money for the poor in the congregation, no instead?

WT 10/15/86 p.

18 Do More Than Say: "Keep Warm and Well Fed"

most lands now have tax-supported programs for the aged, infirm, or those willing but unable to find work. Christian elders may want to help in another way though. Some who are in genuine need and who fully qualify for public benefits are not receiving such because they do not know how to apply or are too timid to ask. Thus elders may inquire of governmental agencies or contact Witnesses who are experienced in these matters. They then may arrange for a capable brother or sister to help the needy person to receive the available benefits.

That's right, run to Satan's representatives on Earth to seek help for Jovah's people. We are too busy gaining slaves before the time of the end to take care of them ourselves.

• blondie
    blondie

Odrade, the WTS belongs to the school of thinking that if we say it, it is true. If the rank and file don?t sit in the audience and agree?..bad attitude.

Brothers appointed as shepherds lovingly minister to our spiritual--and at times even physical--needs, enabling us to endure affliction for righteousness' sake.

Thanks, justhuman. I love your avatar. It makes me smile everything I see it.

Jgnat,

The carefully sanitized and controlled life of the witness is held up as a reflection of "paradise".

That summarizes it very well.

If the best representation of paradise on earth today is the local Kingdom Hall, then please shoot me now.

Exactly what I told the elders?almost. I said I would rather die at Armageddon than live forever at the KH.

What happens when a Witness is too old or weak to preach? Are such ones vulnerable to depression, as they then are insecure in their standing with Jehovah? I bet they are!

I have talked to many older JWs that are depressed because they can?t DO MORE. They sit through these WT studies and go home and cry.

The elders don?t even bother to send cards to those who lose family members let alone give you an arm to hang onto.

Maverick, what a good illustration,

The RF have been programmed to take comfort in the WORD JEHOVAH! It is a chant to calm them and when they hear it they feel secure. Not unlike seeing a famous person selling something on TV. You see this person and associate the company with the actor. Even if he doesn't use the companies product himself, his image or voice over is carried onto the corporation and that is what they want.

Again a sales tactic. Excellent.

JeffT

Whre is the bible study in that?

It is evident that the vast majority of JWs are not Bible students. Ones that don?t know there are 66 books in the Bible, let alone all 66 names, and certainly not in order, which a Baptist woman recited to me one day. Do they know that Moses compiled the first 5 books. Do they know what the Gospel books are? Can they find Israel on the world map and Egypt, Babylon.

Whenever I played Bible games, I learned each time how little JWs know. Do they know who was ruling in Judah and Israel when Elijah was a prophet. Who are the 12 apostles what were their backgrounds? What is the time gap between Malachi and Jesus? What happened to the Jews during that time?

The only WTS book that goes verse by verse is the Commentary of James (written by a now deceased Ray Dunlap).

Book study is more accurate, WTS books that is.

Faraon,

That's right, run to Satan's representatives on Earth to seek help for Jovah's people

The WTS uses many tactics to avail themselves of Caesar?s goods without even paying taxes themselves.

Blondie

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    WT 10/15/86 p. 18 Do More Than Say: "Keep Warm and Well Fed"

Elders can show compassion for elderly members of the congregation by visiting them when they are in the hospital and having sex with them.

• blondie
    blondie

Uh, Nathan, that guy was found not guilty. But I get your drift. Too many elders only help others to help themselves. I can remember there were 2 elderly sisters in one congregation. One was visited all the time by the elders...she seemed too have a few dollars and kept saying she would be leaving it to the congregation. The other one, made no promises, and didn't seem to have a dollar to her name, and few visited her, definitely not the elders. In one year, they both died. It turned out the first had been lying all along to the elders about the money, knowing no one would visit her. She had nothing, barely enough to be buried. The second sister, had a modest amount of money and left it to the 2 sisters that had visited her for the last 10 years and took her to the doctor, kept her house clean, and made sure she had food to eat.

Blondie

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Blondie, excellent article.

Commentary of James (written by a now deceased Ray Dunlap).

Just as a correction, I believe Mr. Dunlap's first name was Ed, not Ray.

SNG

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Blondie,

I didn't mention any names, but I know who you were thinking of. Actually, he wasn't found not guilty, the case was dismissed on a technicality. Comments from people who claimed to be close to the case strongly suggest that the elderly sister meant what she said.

In any case, it would be good for all elders to sexually molest all elderly members of the congregation, thus ensuring the flow of God's spirit to the congregation. It is only a sin if pregnancy results - with the very old, as with the very young - this is not an issue.

• blondie
    blondie

Two errors already today, hmmmmm.

Sorry, SNG, it was been a long week, Ed Dunlap, who after many years was kicked out by the WTS and had to hang wallpaper to the end of his days.

Okay, Nathan, I won't quibble. There are so many day to day ways the elders fail to help those in need in the congregation. The administrative end of things is held to be more important and things like making sure Sister Many Years at KH gets to the doctor is beneath them and relegated to a sister. Most elders figure all they have to do is read Revelation 21:3,4 and everyone is fixed.

Blondie

• blondie
    blondie

Tithing, voluntary contributions, gleaning what do they have to do with the KH? Next week the WTS reveals more than they intended.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit