Arabs should "Thank God for the munificence of the United States."

by Pleasuredome 13 Replies latest social current

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

robert kilroy-silk has put his foot in it by making some awfull comments about arabs in the sunday express newspaper jan 4th. his morning tv show has been axed for the time being and the CRE are looking into the matter.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3383589.stm

here are some quotes from his article: -

Arabs are "suicide bombers, limb-amputators, women repressors"

"We are told by some of the more hysterical critics of the war on terror that 'it is destroying the Arab world'. So? Should we be worried about that?"

"Apart from oil - which was discovered, is produced and is paid for by the West - what do they contribute? Can you think of anything? Anything really useful?... No, nor can I..."

"We're told the the Arabs loathe us. Really?... What do they think we feel about them? That we adore them for the way they murdered more than 3,000 civilians on 11 September and then danced in the hot, dusty streets to celebrate the murders?"

"They should go down on their knees and thank God for the munificence of the United States."

and after the last quote, i dont think i'll bother watching him again if he comes back on tv.

• Matty
    Matty

Robert Kilroy-Silk is often rude and bigoted - I thought that was why the BBC hired him in the first place!

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

matty

i was very surprised by his ignorant comments. i didnt think he was so stupid, but then again he was an MP.

• Matty
    Matty

I've heard a lot of ignorant emotionally-driven rants like this from many sources - but not from such a high profile celebrity. The problem now is that grubby British tabloids such as the Express and the Sun and particularly the Daily Mail will probably now use the opportunity to jump on the bandwaggon, preaching hatred, making vulnerable minorities feel even more insecure than they are now. It's very sad.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

IMHO -there is a lot of truth in what he says -- politically incorrect of course -- does not stop him being right - -the world does have a lot to thank the US for - it is of course all right for everybody to make nasty remarks about the USA but we must not do that about Arab nations must we now!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

I don't see much wrong with what he said except that he dared to say it out loud and on the air. Probably not a prudent decision to speak so vehemently and openly.

This same kind of vitriolic hate speech is leveled at the US and other countries from countless public sources in the Arab world. If you can dish it out, you 'd better be able to take it.

• avishai
    avishai

He made it about race. That was wrong. His comments about those terrorist acts being caused by arabs, muslim arabs? Entirely accurate.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Something tells me that what's really rankling is the last bit.. the bit about the munificence of the US. It was a dumb thing for KS to come out with, general feeling in the pubs is that most folk tend to agree with much of what he said, they just feel that he was dumb to actually say it and threaten his own income as a result.

They're not that offended on behalf of our Arab brethren.

Englishman.

• U.2.K. Tha Greate$t
    U.2.K. Tha Greate$t

I dont get it, why do people have to always refer to people by race or nation. who cares we all are the same. We eat the same, sleep the same, we all smile, etc, etc. God is the father and We are his Children and that's the bottom line. It's not about what nation you from, cause if somebody is wicked then that's it. Satan is the source of violence and the men and women who follow in satan's path is the second source and death is the last.

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser
    I dont get it, why do people have to always refer to people by race or nation. who cares we all are the same. We eat the same, sleep the same, we all smile, etc, etc. God is the father and We are his Children and that's the bottom line. It's not about what nation you from, cause if somebody is wicked then that's it. Satan is the source of violence and the men and women who follow in satan's path is the second source and death is the last.

And u2k's ass is big enough for his head to fit in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit