What Regrets Did You Have Because You Were A Witness?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

One of the biggest regrets a person might have is that they let their children become involved in the whole JW "thing". You know---everything from the elders always cornering them to "investigate" something or even having the parents "turn in" their own kids......Is there anything that you especially regret?

• JH
    JH

Being a witness, I distanced myself from my family which weren't JW witnesses. I didn't participate in Christmas gatherings with my parents and my sister with 4 growing children. Living some distance away, my sister, her husband and 4 children only came down on Christmas or New Years, and at birthdays. I avoided each occasion because it was wrong to celebrate these events.

Now they are almost grown ups, and I hardly know them, because I missed so many occasions to see them in the past. Even after being inactive for many years, I still kept that witness attitude that these feasts were to be avoided.

• minimus
    minimus

No question----FAMILIES suffer the most, JH. It's part of the systematic alienation process of JWs

• mouthy
    mouthy

Just being one

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Having my 2 yr old cussed at for trying to leave a tract.!

I think children are innocent. Its not their fault that their parents drag them out in the field.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Just wasting the first 50 years of my life, and at this rate I will spend the rest of it on this board ranting about it

• micheal
    micheal

I pioneered instead of getting a college education.

• sandy
    sandy

My biggest regret is not going to college. As a JW my mind was telling me to focus on finding a part

time job after high school so I could pioneer. School was never a priority in my life. So even though I

became in active around 20 years old I didn't have the discipline I needed to go to college.

But I am happy to say that I am in College now. Thank God am still young. I really feel for you older

ones who gave your time and energy to the org. for the majority of your lives.

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

Letting the Jw's dictate who I married. I gave up a girl because she was worldly when I came into the borg, only to marry a self-righteous snot.

• minimus
    minimus

BluesBrother-----------Rant away!-----I regret that I "judged" so many people, especially because I was an elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit