Overseer Visits

by sandy 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• Agent Smith
    Agent Smith

CO visit is a bunch of BS.

I remember when I was a MS, I would have all the elders call me and say "Make sure the accounts are all in order, and make sure all the territories are in good shape"......I hated that crap. I once went to the PO and said "Why in the hell do yall only worry about the accounts and territories when the CO is coming?" "By doing this you are lying about who we really are, because yall know very well that are accounts are never up to date unless the CO is here." "Let him see what really happens here in the cong" Needless to say, that was the last time I did the accounts and territories. I hated those 2 face bastard elders

• Meg
    Meg

I never got a special haircut for the CO's visit, but I do remember getting a new dress!!

• shamus
    shamus

I got the C.O. to give the elders a good talking to... they wouldn't let me auxillary pioneer because of they're own erroneous record keeping... LOL!

They had a special announcement at the Friday Night bookstudy that I would be auxilary pioneering. Although it felt good, I was sick to death of the bullshit politics. One elder came up to me and hissed in my ear "YOU HAD BETTER MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR FIELD SERVICE TIME IN ON TIME FROM NOW ON"... and I tore my arm away and said "I tried"... I never talked to him again.

I just got bored with the politics at that point... that was the start of my "bad attitude" times.. LOL!

I always called it the "Circus Overseer" visit. It was a circus of hypocrisy.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Heh. I try to have a large-ish party every couple of months. Otherwise I'd never get the place clean. Guess that works for me like having a CO visit. Except my guests don't point out all my faults and suggests ways to improve!

• sandy
    sandy

My family had their overseer visit a few weeks back. They can be so phony. My sister hardly ever goes out in field service and yet she made FS plans with somebody for the entire week of the visit.

My inactive mother resurfaced inside the KH from the woodwork. She actually had the nerve to tell me I should be going as well. I just said "Sorry but I don't worship the Pope" and walked away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit