Did God create man to live forever?

by shotgun 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• shotgun
    shotgun

For those who believe this, why do you believe this?

Dubs always point back to Genisis as a last resort and say ....well he created them to live forever, it was his original purpose.

Where does it say that?

Genisis says that they were to multiply and fill the Earth not that they would live forever. If they were to live forever what was the tree of Life for?

After they ate from the knowledge tree they were put out of the Garden because

22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

What was in that fruit, more vitamin c. Supposedly they started dieing because of inherited sin which could only be cancelled by a perfect ransom. How is it that at one time a sunkist orange was good enough to give you everlasting life and then later more was required. I think if that talking snake were still talking he would tell me... Is it really so God said you will live forever if you eat from the tree of life. Then he'd say ..man you sure are gullible, go knock yourself out.

Have you ever discussed this with a dub or with others.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Is this an honest question or just to drum up debate? If it's an honest question you will only find it by searching for yourself and determine what it is that you want to believe.

• shera
    shera

Good question.

My answer.....I have no idea.I have so many thoughts on it,I will sound like a babbling,confused,person that I am on this topic.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

He has built death and decay into evrything else, why single out man to live forever

• shotgun
    shotgun

Sorry had to edit

• shotgun
    shotgun

Crinklestein it is an honest question but open for debate because it seems to be one of the best ways to make an informed decision.

I no longer believe things are true just because I want them to be. That's dub reasoning.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

There is nothing that will last forever - no animal, plant, inanimate object, or even the universe itself. If humans die because of sin, then why to animals die - sometimes even from the same illnesses?

• shotgun
    shotgun

Runningman did you get my PM yesterday?

• freeman
    freeman

Well if God meant for us to live forever, I have to say that he really screwed up royally. Unfortunately the reality is that humans also share the same basic physiology that makes death inevitable for all animals. It?s the same physiology that causes animals to age, get gray hair, diseases, cancer etc.; basically all the same maladies that we humans suffer. Personally I don?t want to die, so you could say it is my desire to live forever. Unfortunately even the relatively little I know about cellular reproduction precludes that possibility.

Freeman

• Globetrotter
    Globetrotter

I, for one, would like to know what the JW position is on this. When I was being given the JW interpretation of the bible for the first time, it seems to me that I did hear someone mention god's purpose in relation to this (and how god doesn't lie or change his mind...hmmmmm)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit