Bible Principles and Laws and obediance

by dustyb 7 Replies latest jw friends

• dustyb
    dustyb

where the fudge in the bible does it say that we have to comply with bible principles and laws and be 100% obediant to the elders?? just wondering

• shamus
    shamus

Somewhere in Corinthians... I wish that I had me bible on me. I don't usually bring it to work, though! (giggle!)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Heb 13:17 Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among YOU and be submissive, for they are keeping watch over YOUR souls as those who will render an account; that they may do this with joy and not with sighing, for this would be damaging to YOU. (NWT)

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you. (KJV)

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster

The principles and laws have to be proven by scriptures, so they can not just make up laws that are not bible based. The only problem is if a person does not follow them they can get DF'd or not have privileges. For instance in this country men can not have beards in the kingdom Hall, this is not in the bible neither is there a prinicple to support this, so if a person is a brother and wants to have a beard they can, bu they will not have any privileges. Also their is another scripture which say each one will carry his own load.. and I think the same scripture says that we will all render and account before God, so God is the ultimate Judge.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

And I guess that would only apply to people that feel the need to be lead. I don't believe I need a middle man to my faith. I dont need an intermediary between me and God. I have the Bible. I read it. I gain knowlege. I grow in my faith. Why do I need an equally sinful man to watch over my faith for me? That's my responsibility, isn't it?

• Puternut
    Puternut

Heb 13:17 Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among YOU and be submissive, for they are keeping watch over YOUR souls as those who will render an account; that they may do this with joy and not with sighing, for this would be damaging to YOU. (NWT)

So we need to be obedient to those that put their hands in childrens pants? And be submissive? So that they may do that with joy?

• dustyb
    dustyb

is there any possible way that i can get around it? such as we have to be obediant to imperfect men, or be obediant to drunk bastards, or paedo's or anything at all?!?

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Well the scripture says to be in submission to those taking the lead among you. The way to get around it is to not have people leading you. Lead yourself. Then you would be in submission to yourself. lol. Don't be a follower of men, a mindless sheep. Take control of your own life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit