I made it...

by SYN 22 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

Thanks guys! And great tip, Ozzie! Now my profile more accurately reflects my location

I promise my next post will be something worthwhile, unlike the previous, oh, 4000 or so

The only thing that's really funny here is the streetlights. Every time the little green man light goes on for you to walk across the intersection, the poles make this noise that sounds exactly like a sample from an old 80's arcade game. When I first got here, I kept looking around to see where the arcade was that the noise was coming from but now I'm used to it. It's actually quite handy! And everybody stops and waits patiently at the traffic lights here, unlike South Africa, where people just sort of mission across the street willy-nilly...(must become a law-abiding citizen now...)

Regards,
    SYN

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Welcome back.

I'm jealous. I'd rather be in Australia right now than where I am. We are having a record breaking cold spell.

Devon

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Every time the little green man light goes on for you to walk across the intersection, the poles make this noise that sounds exactly like a sample from an old 80's arcade game. When I first got here, I kept looking around to see where the arcade was that the noise was coming from

That's to help the visually impaired, of course. Make sure you don't start crossing as soon as you hear the doo-doo-doo sound; you could be hearing the sound from the other lights, and cross in front of the oncoming traffic!

And when those crossing sounds actually started in the early 80s, that's exactly what my mates and I were saying about them (video game sounds, that is)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit