Stillborn

by TMS 8 Replies latest jw friends

• TMS
    TMS

December 1966 my wife had a stillborn son. Had he lived, he would now be 34 years old. Our circuit overseer at the time expressed his sympathy, but added the consoling words: "Look on it as a blessing."

We eventually had another son in 1971, but, especially for a mother, there is no "replacing" a lost child.

My wife was aware of the Society's position that stillborns will not be resurrected, but she never accepted that explanation. After all, "Jehovah satisfies the desire of every living thing." She was content to wait, confidently, for her "satisfaction." If the future John the Baptist could be regarded as a real "person", then . . . .

This post is not about speculation as to who will or will not be resurrected, but how a belief system can affect your life outlook.

TMS

• Mulan
    Mulan

Here is an interesting experience, right along those lines. My mother, now 89 years old, gave birth in 1932, to a stillborn baby, her first child. She was not a dub, until 1950. She has never forgotten that baby, and never ever believed he would not be resurrected to her. My brother and I are now 55 and 61, but Mom still mourns her firstborn, who was full term and perfect, until just before his birth. She is so stubborn on the WTS doctrines, and so loyal, but that is one belief she can't accept, and was right there to comfort anyone who had the experience, of losing a baby, by saying "your baby is in Jehovah's hands. There is so much we don't know." That is a more reasonable viewpoint, and it stuck with me my whole life.

• LDH
    LDH

Whoops...

What else do you expect? The resurrection 'policy' as dictated by the WBTS had no input from anyone other than MEN.

Since when has a MAN ever carried a child, felt that child move inside of him, etc etc. Since when has a MAN ever known the struggle of childbirth and since when has a MAN ever had milk leak from his breasts at even the sound of a baby crying?

What do you expect? They don't and never have viewed stillborn children as children.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Strange they don't expect still borns to be ressurected, why not? Because they have no conscience? B.S. What a strange contradiction that they don't believe those in the womb will be resurrected yet forbid abortion. How bizzare.

Yeru

YERUSALYIM
    I like peanut butter, can you rollerskate?

• AlanF
    AlanF

This view of the Society's is among its many contradictory beliefs. They consider abortion murder because they say that once a fetus is formed at conception, it's a full-fledged human being and so killing it deliberately is murder. Yet they never address the problem of, "If abortion is killing a human, then logically God would resurrect aborted fetuses, whether the abortion be natural or induced." Nor do they address the converse, "If God considers stillborns not worthy of a resurrection, then he must not consider them to have been full-fledge humans, which means he doesn't consider fetuses humans, which means abortion can't be murder." The JW religion is chock full of inconsistencies like this. The policy on blood fractions is another good example.

AlanF

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Excellent point yeru! So true. Just another example of the towers illogocal reasoning. If that like in the womb is as precious to Jehovah as one outside the womb then that life would indeed be just as worthy of resurrection as any other that had been lost. The spirit must be given at the time of conception one would think? Ahhh now I'm gettin' all phil-E-saw-fi-Kul...sure does make you think though. Which is more than we were allowed to do as a dub.

• Farkel
    Farkel

LDH,

: WBTS had no input from anyone other than MEN.

Right! And not only that, from men who haven't even ever been fathers; men who take upon themselves to dicate shit like that, and to dictate and approve/forbid marriage practices, courting practicing, engagements, weddings, and divorces.

Cold-hearded, insensitive limp-dick-prick-bastards. May they rot in hell.

Farkel
    Tactful Class

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hey Farkel: I love your description of those old men. Here is the acronym: CHILDPB

• waiting
    waiting

hey tms,

This post is not about speculation as to who will or will not be resurrected, but how a belief system can affect your life outlook. -tms

I'm sorry for your wife's pain - and yours. Strangely, you fathers have been left out of the picture so far. I can't believe that you didn't have feelings, for the future of your baby, and your wife's feelings also.

I think we all constricted our feelings to what we were told to feel. When other feelings of love, anger, fear, etc., were in our minds/hearts, we kept them quiet as best we could. Otherwise, we could be looked upon as being weak, or worse, "not of our kind."

Mulan's mother is right - "there are so many things we just don't know."

And now, at least, we know the WTBTS doesn't make sense and we can actually think about it.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit