Hello and welcome Rabbit

Devon

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Welcome Rabbit.

• Jade
    Jade

Welcome (((((Rabbit))))

I hope things work out for you. When I remarried, none of my JW came to the wedding, nor do they have anything to do with me or my new family. There are a lot of us from Texas here on this board so you are in good company along with everyone else.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Welcome Rabbit, you have now become a real 'rabid' to your family. By the way, it's your life, isn't it?

Guest 77

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Rabbit. I hope you and your wife a world of happiness. You cannot control the weirdness of this religion, or how fanatically your family will follow their rules. If I were you, I would focus on strengthening the bonds and building new relationships with ordinary folk. Also, don't allow your family to selectively shun (for instance, only attend if your wife is not there, or when they call, make sure they talk to her as well). Stand by your wife and insist she be included completely. Also, remind your JW family that your funeral will be too late to re-establish a relationship with you, so they better get their thinking caps on and consider which "family gatherings" they WILL attend. Go have fun with your life, and be sure to send lots of postcards to your JW family (having lots of fun - wish you were here!).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit