JWs and voting. Is it okay now?

by NikL 35 Replies latest jw friends

• toreador
    toreador

Catchthis,

Interesting perspective. However I dont think they would fall for it.

• Annanias
    Annanias

catchthis - but now you're into predestination and a whole nother can of worms. Face it folks, it is now for man who is walking, to direct his own steps.

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

Jez,

I understand the point that you are making but I wouldn't go so far as to say that the leaders of the WTBTS are very brilliant people. IMO, they are just control freaks assembled in masses, who, for whatever reason, believe that it is proper for them to manipulate their followers. There are simply enough people who lack the critical thinking you speak of, that there is a market for their faith religion cult.

It is unfortunate that these followers are so misguided spiritually, that they live their lives in subjection to these less than objective leaders, but that market will always exist.... just hopefully in less and less numbers.

B.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I used to think the Witnesses taught that god has a set timetable and agenda too until I read Duane Magnani's book, Heavenly Weather Man.

The Witnesses actually teach god is not omnipotent, but he predicts the future by watching the signs much like a weather man. It's a very good read. I recommend it. In fact all of Duane's work is top notch and is a must for the serious student of Witness teachings and behaviors.

http://www.witnessinc.com/

GaryB

• jwbot
    jwbot
    In view of the Scriptural principles outlined above, in many lands Jehovah?s Witnesses make a personal decision not to vote in political elections, and their freedom to make that decision is supported by the law of the land. What, though, if the law requires citizens to vote? In such a case, each Witness is responsible to make a conscientious, Bible-based decision about how to handle the situation. If someone decides to go to the polling booth, that is his decision. What he does in the polling booth is between him and his Creator.

What of a country where voting is not mandated by law but feelings run high against those who do not go to the voting booth?perhaps they are exposed to physical danger? Or what if individuals, while not legally obliged to vote, are severely penalized in some way if they do not go to the polling booth? In these and similar situations, a Christian has to make his own decision. "Each one will carry his own load."?Galatians 6:5.

Sounds to me that you can not "vote" but ONLY if you are persecuted...can you "go to the polls" (that does not mean vote for a candidate though.

Well it sounds definitely off limits from the article.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I voted today for the first time....whoohoooo!

I actually felt more liberated by doing so...Going into the booth (for only a second) I thought about Jehovah sitting up on his throne looking down on me saying,"Bad, Bad girl." But I felt much better after casting my very first official vote at the age of 27...I was actually thinking about not going...But what the heck..My single vote counts...And if complaints come about after the election is over..I can voice my opinion because I voted..Unlike the dubs that bad mouth all whats going on, but do nothing about it to change it.

Jesus said Ceaser's things to Ceaser and God's things to God...IMO voting is just paying doing your duty to Ceaser...Just like you pay your taxes which NY doesn't because of the "big tax evasion" but it's all a part of living under the authority of the ones that Jehovah has given the authority to....

Thats just my 2 pennies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit