What are the WTBTS's biggest lies?

by outbutnotdown 24 Replies latest jw friends

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

I've been out for about 10 years and, to be honest, I have begun to worry less and less about what that org. is all about. But in eman's recent post, "You have one shot", Sirona mentioned about all the lies that the WTBTS have told. I have read C of C, but my memory is fading on what some of the more blatant lies that I recall from that book and other articles.

Just in case I have an encounter with a JW who may actually be considering leaving but wants more support/reasons to leave, can people help me by refreshing my memeory on the BIGGEST lies that they have told, that would catch their attention the quickest? Thanks,

Brad

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

You ever need help remembering come on over here.

• dustyb
    dustyb

heh, lies, all lies!

#1 they constantly change doctrines and try to hide behind Proverbs 4:19. i.e. there was the romans 13 light where russell believed in the higher powers to be secular government, then rutherford changed it and said that the higher powers were god and jesus, then franz changed it back where it was secular govt (jehovah was just shizzin with us according to them to see who would stay faithful to his organization =P)

#2 the UN-NGO scandal. anybody that knows anything about politics at all knows how much power one can gain by being part of the UN. You have major hookups with a lot of big politicians, you have a lot of say in whatever country they exist in, and you have a lot of power for distributing. They tried to cover it up by saying they wanted a library card to one of the UN depositories (sp) which everyone knows is a bunch of BS because there's too much paperwork to get just a library card.....

#3 They lie about 1914 because they have so much invested in that time. When they finally got that time stable (in the mid 1940's) they put the faithful and discreet slave, the annointed, jesus' 2nd coming and everything on that exact date....which has already been proven false, but they will just call the rest of the world liars because they are like a kid that can't be proven wrong.

#4 Their rules. They use a lot of OT rules which equals Mosaic Law. They continually say that we are out of the Old Covenant (mosaic law) because of Jesus' ransom, but they still enforce Old Covenant rules, such as blood and sex. They also 1/2 way enforce Old Covenant rules like adultery. For example, in Mosaic Law the person that was guilty of committing adultery was actually put to death.

There's just so many insane things. If you ever run into an elder from one of their congregations, ask them to explain the Pharisee's to you and see what they are about. Keep in mind that JW's exert rules and control over their people to keep them obediant to an organization (which isn't religious love at all). There's a lot more thats messed up, but i'm sure everyone will share =D

• avishai
    avishai

That they report child molesters to the proper authorities in mandatory reporting states/countries.Big, fat lie. That they don't threaten you with df'ing if you go to the authorities yourself or warn others in the cong. Big fatter lie. That this is'nt an isolated problem. Bastards.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

That they are a godly people

• badboy
    badboy

MILLLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE

• Maverick
    Maverick

The biggest lie. The one that is the foundation of all their other lies is that, "THEY ARE GODS CHANNELL ON EARTH, THE VISIBLE PORTION OF HIS ORGANIZATION!" Without this lie, they can claim no authority to govern others! Maverick

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

ask them where in the bible it is said that god would have an earthly organisation that would be his 'channel'

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Watchtower lies:

1. That there exists an invisible spirit realm inhabited by immaterial creatures.

2. That some of those spiritual creatures were responsible for creating the physical universe we live in.

3. That these creatures created man as a perfect creature and that through disobediance man entered a "sinful" state from which he will eventually be "redeemed."

4. That human beings have a part to play in an issue of "universal soverignty" between two invisible spirit creatures.

5. That the one chosen spokesman for the Chief invisible spirit creature is the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of Brooklyn, NY.

6. That we live in "the time of the end" that will soon see the intervention of invisible spirit creatures in the affairs of mankind.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Nathan,

Except for Number 5, that could be ANY Christian church!

I'm with Maverick: BIGGEST Lie is that they, and only they, speak for God.

Second biggest might be that the ministry is about "love for neighbor" as opposed to "justifying the existence of a huge publishing corporation."

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit