My day out in London...PICS!!!.........Thanks Gadget :)

by reboot 11 Replies latest jw friends

• reboot
    reboot

I've been feeling really low lately and desperately needed a break... in steps my brilliant mate and gave me the best day out i've had in ages

We went to Covent Garden for lunch, walked along the Thames to the Tate Modern, crossed the millenium bridge heading for the Tate Modern. We went to see the Weather Project which was a huge installation re-creating the weather inside with jets of mist that created a hazy effect. It was an incredible experience; everyone was lying on the floor and interacting with the installation as there was a massive mirrored ceiling which seemed to fire everyone's imagination.There were little pockets of activity going on as shaes were formed with bodies on the ceiling and little children ran around enjoying the surreal atmosphere.

Hope fully Gadget will post some pics...

Then we went to the Globe theatre and then wandered back..

I can't believe you travelled so far to look after me Gadget...thanks for the whole day it was brilliant.

Can we see the pics now??xxxxxxxx

• Gadget
    Gadget

I had a brilliant day too, it was just what the dr ordered! The pics were taken with the camera on my phone, and the atmosphere there was brilliant. It was my first time at a big gallery like that, I think reboots trying to get me cultured. In one of the pics you can see her back silhouted, and on the pic of the ceiling we're somewhere in the middle.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ok, now I forgive you for passing up joining me for Hogmanay

• reboot
    reboot

((hey little toe)) hope you had a good time- was'nt Hogmanay cancelled this year?? lol hope you had a good time where you were.

im in the 4th pic on the right- not the one with the walking stick lol

• Gadget
    Gadget
    im in the 4th pic on the right- not the one with the walking stick lol

I've been pointing out the wrong person to everyone... Doh!!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Reboot:
    Actually I spent the next few night seeing in the wee hours (well, at least until 5am+), playing the fiddle.

I finally got an early night (2am) on Sunday, because I had to go to work in the morning

• reboot
    reboot

..you b*****d Gadget; you like the hat? lol

little toe- I ve always wanted to have a new year in Scotland;.as Gadgets being rude i'll come up to you next year lol. My daughter's teaching me the violin-If I practice really hard can i join you ?X

• Xena
    Xena

Glad to hear ya'll had a good time....really cool pics! I especially like that first one

• Special K
    Special K

The pictures have kind of a mystical look to them.

Is that how it felt?

sincerely

special K

• Gadget
    Gadget

It was amazing, it totally chilled you out. It just felt like we were lying there watching for about 20 mins, but when we checked the time we'd been there an hour and a quarter!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit