Got caught throwing magazines in the trash

by unbeliever 62 Replies latest jw friends

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I had to take my dad to the VA Hospital for a doctor's appointment and in almost every waiting room there was magazines not even recent issues. You have to wait for freaking ever at the VA hospital so I decided to do my civic duty and I went around this HUGE hospital collecting magazines and would throw them in the nearest trash can. Nobody cared until I got on the 4th floor. Out of no where some old biddy came from behind me and grabbed my arm really hard. She was pissed!!

old biddy- what are you doing? (very harsh tone and while grabbing my arm at the same time)

me- throwing these filthy magazines in the trash. get your damn hands off me. (She did release my arm right away.)

old biddy- you have no right to throw stuff that is not yours in the trash.

me- I am doing a good deed.

old biddy- your're an apostate aren't you?

me- your a jehovah's witness aren't you? said very sarcastically

old biddy- yes I am. I attend the XXXXXX Congregation in XXXXXX

me- what are you doing in a hospital like this anyway? I know JW's don't serve in the military.

old biddy- I bring my husband here.

me- good for him for serving his country now I must get back to my civic duty. I will come back here after you are gone. hehee

old biddy- I will tell the staff

me- I will report you for assault.

I walked away smiling and that was the end of that conversation. I made it to the 5th floor but then my dad called me on my cell telling me it was time to go. I decided not to go back to the 4th floor because I was not looking for a confrontation. I hope she stayed guarding the waiting room for the rest of the day. I will be back next month when I take my dad for another appointment and do my civic duty again. hehehee

• PurpleV
    PurpleV
    I will report you for assault

Wouldn't that make a great headline: "Elderly Jehovahs Witness Attacks Innocent Man in Hospital"

LOL

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

LOL I've gotta admit, that's pretty damn funny.

Honestly, though, I'm not sure if it's a good idea. I mean, we complain about the fact that JWs say that "apostate" literature should be thrown in the trash. If we're going to stand on freedom of speech, then we've got to allow it equally.

Just my two cents...

• Agent Smith
    Agent Smith

hahaha.....that old lady got PWNED!!

• amac
    amac

I don't necessarily agree with throwing away their magazines. People have the right to read what they want and it seems to be denying that right. For instance, if I was taking the time to pass out flyers on windshields to promote my business and then I saw someone following me around and throwing them away, I'd be pissed too.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Hahaha!! Thanks for the laugh!

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

PurpleV I am female. That would make one funny headline though.

Some good points are made about reasons not to throw the magazines in the trash but it is something I have always done. I learned it from my daddy. I always figured the less those magazines got into the hands of unsuspecting people the better.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Well done, unbeliever!!!

I also do my civic duty. Have been known to do my part in keeping the skytrain station, the laundromat and the doctor's office propoganda-free.

ESTEE

• crownboy
    crownboy

I mirror Euphemism's thoughts on the issue (is it because we both support Dean ?). If her husband is a JW also, he certainly has no problem taking advantage of a service provided for him because of his service in an instiution that is supposedly evil. I'm sure she'll relay her experience on how she fought off an apostate and "gave a witness" to the people who may have seen what transpired.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    Honestly, though, I'm not sure if it's a good idea. I mean, we complain about the fact that JWs say that "apostate" literature should be thrown in the trash. If we're going to stand on freedom of speech, then we've got to allow it equally.

I know of at least one person out in California who, whenever they find a stray magazine in a waiting room or laundromat, does not dispose of it, but simply staples a brochure neatly to the inside front cover of the magazine that gives a summation of erroneous JW doctrine, and a phone number and website to contact for further information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit