The prayer switch

by Sour Grapes 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Something that I have often thought about is how does God know when our thoughts go from normal thoughts to when we say a silent prayer? Does God listen to all of the thoughts of earth's 8,000,000,000 people 24/7 and when one person goes into prayer mode then God's ears perk up with an "incoming" alert? Then he has to decide if he answers the prayers to help a brother with cancer or just let the poor guy die. Should he direct a witness to go to a certain house to place the magazines or just roll the dice?

It all seems so moronic. If God wanted to reveal himself and prove that he is the one true God, he sure picked the wrong group of people to get the job done.

Sour Grapes

• Half banana
    Half banana

Prayers are human wishes, God is deaf to all pleading whether silent or spoken.

What a crazy world it would be if God answered prayers!

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Half banana,

What a great thought, "What a crazy world it would be if God answered prayers."

• Sorry
    Sorry

God knows silent prayers because he's all knowing. He can do anything. Except fix the conditions of the world because he just has to prove Satan wrong. Yeah, he can do everything except that.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

It's exactly like in Bruce Almighty, God writes down everything people say on post-it notes then decides later which are prayers.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

That is a very interesting question and something I have never given any thought to. I do wonder why people actually believe Jehovah will help them find their lost keys for instance but have no issue with the fact that he doesn't help the ones with Cancer etc.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Oh...that's the reason behind 'the cloud', I suppose...

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Prayer is such a crazy human activity. I don't think they'll ever stop it's like playing a slot machine maybe this time I'll win.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit