Which Bible Translation is Currently the MOST Accurate in Your Opinion?

by Frannie Banannie 90 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scholar
    scholar

herk

Many people at Bethel were involved in the NWT project from its iinception and so was the rumour mill working overtime. But the fact of the matter is that under the terms of the Deed of Arrangement, the identity of the translators was to be kept anonymous even up to the present day. The reason for this was to preserve the astonishing accuracy of this marvellous gift to mankind and not to have it ne the subject pf debate over the qualifications or otherwisw of the Committee's scholars/

scholar

• Odrade
    Odrade

Okay, granted I have no law degree, but isn't a "Deed of Arrangement" an insolvency thing? As in UK bankruptcy court? or an agreement between creditors and debtors? Wasn't the NWT compiled by volunteers for FREE in the UNITED STATES?

Oh well, no matter. "scholar" has evidently had access to this "Deed of Arrangement." Insider information indeed. I'm sure we would all like to see it. I know I would.

O

• Don Smith
    Don Smith

Who can really say which is the most accurate in view of what the WORD of God says so clearly that the " holy spirit will lead you in the way of ALL the truth and will not lie " Phillips modern english.

By way of explanation before the bible or a translation became a factor people went searching for God who says he is not far from each one of us.Abraham was called and went a looking for the caller and when he heard him speak to him again , Abe thought thats where God lived , and set up some stones and called it Bethel,Gods house.

The point is that that our Father who is in heaven will seek us out as he did with Abe.and realize that God in no way is limited in connecting with anyone or anything ,good or bad ,Nebuchadnezzar ,Cyrus or Saul of Tauras and spinning these guys around on their heels and sending them in the direction He wanted them to go without the written Word as verified during the dark ages when Chistianity flourished even though Gods Word was withheld from the commoner who could neither read or write.

My point is that not that the word of God ,the bible is not valuable , it most certanly is , and its alive and discerning and powerful as to our intentions.

I personally have the 8 translation new testament by Tyndale which i find very helpful because i feel that all translators in all sincereity try to be honest but what they believe cant help the spin they put on their translation and the N.W. Trans. by the WT Org. is a good eg.

So i guess the bottom line is heeding his Word , seek and you SHALL find , respond to our Saviors invitation to work in the yoke with Him and learn from him as well as His heed His Fathers admonition to us at His Sons baptism where He basically said that we should listen to him.and regardless of the translation we can be assured the Holy Spirit will lead us in the Way of ALL the TRUTH and will not lie.

My wife wants me to go shopping , no chance to check spelling ,ambiguity . Don Smith

• Rosco
    Rosco

www.e-sword.net

PS DOWNLOAD THE TSK COMMENTARY, Great cross reference tool for those seeking Any problems email I will help you if I can

Sholar: To BE HANDCUFFED TO A LIE IS THE WORST OF ALL IMPRISONMENTS (R.Z.). Stick around this board. An Informed JW IS AN EXJW

• IronGland
    IronGland

You'd think if it was God's Inspired Word he would have found a way to make it much less confusing.

• herk
    herk

scholar,

Your reference to a so-called "Deed of Arrangement" illustrates plainly that you are merely playing a guessing game. As Odrade has pointed out, such a deed has reference to financial matters.

Many people at Bethel were involved in the NWT project from its iinception and so was the rumour mill working overtime.

You are greatly mistaken. There were not "many people at Bethel" involved. And there was no rumor mill, since comparatively few were aware that there was such a project. The Bethel "family" was just as surprised in 1950 at the release of the NWT as were the JW rank and file outside of Bethel. You know so little about it, yet you make great claims.

herk

• scholar
    scholar

herk

If your comment that there were very few people involved and unaware of the NWT project and that the Bethel family were surprised in 1950 at the release of the NWT then this is only underscores the fact that the identity of the committee was inknown and unknowable.

scholar

• herk
    herk

"scholar,"

then this is only underscores the fact that the identity of the committee was inknown and unknowable.

This kind of logic underscores the fact that you are not a scholar and that you don't reason like one. There is no way that intelligent persons can deal with such lack of common sense other than to ignore it.

herk

• scholar
    scholar

herk

Is it commonsense for you to insist that the identity of the committee is known when they have emphatically stated that they were to remanin anonymous and there is no evidence available which contradicts their anonymity. If you claim know then put its up or shut up.

scholar

• herk
    herk
    then put its up or shut up.

Yesiree, "scholar" is lookin' more and more like a scholar every day in every way!

herk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit