Me and my shadow

by peacefulpete 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

One of the more shamelessly superstitious passages in the NT is Acts 5:14-16 :

"And more believing ones were added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women; so as to carry out the sick in the streets, and place them on cots and matresses, that at the comming of Peter, if even his shadow might overshadow some of them....and they would one and all be cured."

This obvious Proto-Catholic passage is nothing short of saint worship. Deifying the character Peter to the degree they created a story in which people from all over clammered to be in his shadow to be healed.

• gumby
    gumby
    so as to carry out the sick in the streets, and place them on cots and matresses,...........and they would one and all be cured."

And then for no explained reason, god puts up a red flag and these miracles all come to a sudden stop, so that absolutely none of the miracles can ever be documented and proved. As soon as the means to record events take place.....suddenly all those stories seem to vanish or are claimed to be destroyed.

Gumby

• Satanus
    Satanus

I wonder if jaracz' shadow ever did any good, freddy's?

SS

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    And then for no explained reason, god puts up a red flag and these miracles all come to a sudden stop, so that absolutely none of the miracles can ever be documented and proved. As soon as the means to record events take place.....suddenly all those stories seem to vanish or are claimed to be destroyed.

Gawd is the ultimate Heisenberg Uncertainly... the instant ya try to nail him down he disappears into nothing.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Just another literary topos.

The same with Paul in 19:11f:

"God did extraordinary miracles through Paul, so that when the handkerchiefs or aprons that had touched his skin were brought to the sick, their diseases left them, and the evil spirits came out of them."

• Satanus
    Satanus

Some churches still do this kind of stuff. We were instructed to bring a bottle of oil to one all night shindig. After we were appropriately worked up through loud music, prayer and speaking in tongues ( i couldn't do this), the speaker (some black dude) had us bring out our bottles and take the caps off. He said a prayer and some ritual, then instructed us to close the bottles quickly, as the oil was now powerful for healing and warding off demons. We were instructed to put little dabs on our doorways and windows, to keep out demons. Also we could put it on ourselves to get healings. Gotta love it

SS

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Sorry PP I didn't see your other thread...

• gumby
    gumby
    We were instructed to bring a bottle of oil to one all night shindig. After we were appropriately worked up through loud music, prayer and speaking in tongues ( i couldn't do this), the speaker had us bring out our bottles and take the caps off. He said a prayer and some ritual, then instructed us to close the bottles quickly, as the oil was now powerful for healing and warding off demons. We were instructed to put little dabs on our doorways and windows, to keep out demons. Also we could put it on ourselves to get healings. Gotta love it

Jesus SS.....what kinda crap were you into......ya heathen pagan, voodoo, witch lovin bastard you!

Gumby

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    He said a prayer and some ritual, then instructed us to close the bottles quickly

Interesting... I had no idea that Holy Spirit could be contained within a tightly-screwed bottle.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Gumball

These are serious bibal believin, jesus lovin, evangelical, miracle werkin, bibal thumpin, prophesyin christians, here in montreal. The all nighter was in a big theatre that many different church groups use. There were mostly whites, there. Many of them were associated w benny hinn, word faith preachers and bob larceny type preachers. Don't worry since i stopped levitating, i have been ok.

Else

Hey, i tried acid once, so why not holy spirit oil in a bottle?

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit