Friends

by Jrjw 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Hi does anyone have any ideas of good places for me to make non jw friends when I move coz need to replace all my jw friends for my kids and I ready for becoming inactive

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

My recommendation would be to find an activity you enjoy and start making friends there. I personally have made some amazing friends through my college classes, online video games, and fan conventions.

Perhaps you could take a local class in some hobby or skill like painting or cooking and try to meet people there. If you want to meet people with children so your own kids could make some friends too you could try becoming more involved in their education and extracurricular activities. If one of your kids joined a team of some sort that would give you an opportunity to meet the parents of the other children on the team.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Clubs, local meetups (meetup.com), work, school, mom groups, volunteer organizations, etc.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

I have met some lovely women just waiting at the schools for my children. A couple of these have become very good friends.

Children can make friends at school and it's a good chance to get to know their parents.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Hi does anyone have any ideas of good places for me to make non jw friends when I move coz need to replace all my jw friends for my kids and I ready for becoming inactive

Go to the JW replacement shop around the corner.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone
    For your kids? Have you considered sending them to school?
  • just fine
    just fine

I joined recreation league sports through the local community center. I never got to play sports in school so it was fun to be on a team. I tried volleyball, basketball, and softball. The team would go out after the games for food and beer and it was fun.

I also volunteered at the animal shelter cleaning kennels and walking dogs.

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

They do go to school lol

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I've made some good friends at meetup.com.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit