Turning the Tables

by joelbear 23 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

No Conclusions, just thoughts.

Should we disfellowship all of our friends and family who are Jehovah's Witnesses in order to protect ourselves and in order to wake them up to see how dangerous a path they are on?

Would like to see a discussion of this.

thanks

Joel

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

jeolbear,

The path of rightousness is not a dangerous path. Hop on it dude!

• jurs
    jurs

i wouldn't shun anyone. i've been researching shunning and it is not a first century or any century Christian practice. it's definately an effective cult tactic. jurs

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

Joel, my thoughts are this... My family is choosing to shun me out of obedience to the WTBTS. I will be the Christ-like one. I will forgive them for their foolish ways and love them despite their blind obeisance. I will send them cards every few months and a dinner invitation on occasion so that they know I love them and care for them despite their decision to shun me and my husband (and eventually, our children). I will not make them suffer because that is not what Christ would do.

"I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

• LDH
    LDH

I have to agree with Reagan. My aunt, now 70, who was responsible for bringing the whole fam damily into the 'troof' is a raging nutcase. Everytime I talk to her she warns me that I am killing Jerry and Eden because I'm not preaching the 'troof' to them.

I try to talk with her rationally, but she just hangs up on me, in Jehovah's name. I will continue to call her and check on her and tell her I love her. I won't stoop to her level of behavior. I would give five years off my life for each relative I could get out of that hell hole. But I won't stoop to shunning.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Is it stooping to shunning or is it reflecting ridiculous behavior in order to teach a lesson?

Just discussing, not taking a position.

hugs

Joel

• bigboi
    bigboi

Hey All:

Really I think it depends on how they go about doing it to me. If they won't speak to me then i won't speak to them either. If they became disrepectful towards me I probably would be the same way towards them. I look at it as their hangup anyway. Life is too short to be overly concerned about what ppl think about me.

ONE....

Bigboi

"it ain't what ya do. it's how you do it" quote from the song "True Honeybunz" by Bahamadia

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Joel,

When you are first df'd, da'd, or dissed or whatever, you are pretty much numb, almost in shock.

In my case I went through a period of time, whereby I felt unworthy of any association. The indoctrination works very well..for awhile. After you come out of the daze, and begin to realize the sham of it all, you are less and less tolerant of their disrespectful manner.

Why should I worry, its been over 20 yrs since speaking or laying eyes on two of my three sister's and family.

It's their turn.

Danny

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

LDH the "troof" hahahahaha...reminds of the loving elder who shunned me at mama's funeral....did you know norman be from vermont too????
    that brought back a memory...lol
    crittersitter
    poopy-scoopy class( pays well tho!!!)

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Hi Joel,
    If shunning means practically scowling when a DF'f person attends meetings, or NOT providing them with proper "spiritual" literature, i.e., KMs, then how are they being helped? (see my post, "My Last Year In the Borg")

It is ALL about mind control .....sacrafice a few in order to keep the majority in line.

Boozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit