In Social Settings, The JW Thing Plays Strictly Second Fiddle!

by Englishman 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hmm. Her Ladyship and I have just returned from the pub after a great evening out with friends.

She did come out with some remarkable insights though, especially when one considers that she has never ever been a JW.

She said that she loved the fact that I post on this site because she and I got to meet so many interesting people at barbies and apostafests. She enjoys meeting people from around the world and relishes being able to travel to any continent and meeting people who are glad to see us.

She then pointed out that, in her opinion, the ex-JW thing was simply the initial "thing in common" that got people together. After that, it wasn't of much importance, because the ex-JW thing was only a minor topic that was discussed between ex's when they met at 'fests.

I think that she is correct in what she says. I've met dozens of ex's, and once we've made contact, the witness thing just slides into oblivion. It becomes irrelevent to the friendships that we make.

Maybe that's how it should be?

Englishman.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

But of course -- that's the initial bond and then we all realize what totally fascinating people we are in our own right, so there's no need to dwell on the negative anymore.

Nina

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Mike,

I think she is right. But early in exiting we do feel more comfortable meeting others with the same experience. Hopefully that commonality becomes less, and less important as we grow.

She is a smart lady. You two are good for each other.

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit