Any metal heads?

by DEDMACHINE 26 Replies latest jw friends

• DEDMACHINE
    DEDMACHINE

Just curious if there's any major metal heads here? What sort of bands or music are all you guys into? I'm a huge Opeth fan, and death metal for that matter. I like Lamb of God, Katatonia, In Flames, Down, Black Sabbath, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, and some old school Metallica and Megadeth. Right now I'm listening to some more mellow Italian 'Lacuna Coil' stuff, I love it.

I'm a guitarist btw, so music is no unimportant thing to me, and I miss my hair! I had down to my shoulder blades, now it's all gone :( ... Just a normal short cut. I will miss the headbanging.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Well....believe it or not, I was, and still like my punk rock, which believe it or not, has some connection to some metal.

I mean, almost every punk I knew or hung out, knew tons of the stuff you mentioned.

I don't all the metalhead stuff anymore, but I have had my moments, let me tell you.

Now, if we could get Nosferatu to join in here, then you'll have a sense of comradery.

Nothing like listening to Black Sabbath's: Iron Man, Sweet Leaf, Fairies Wear Boots etc., and Quiet Riots: Mental Health.

All fun, and oh yeah....good stuff, good stuff...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Not quite that heavy -- still love Led Zeppelin though

• Globetrotter
    Globetrotter

I never considered myself a metalhead, but definitely grew up listening to Black Sabbath. I saw them on their Never Say Die tour (I believe their last with Ozzy). They played after Van Halen (their debut album tour). The Ramones broke curtains. Being a guitarist as well, music is no unimportant thing in my life either. Ditto. Just think if the dubs followed a philosophy more in line with Neil Peart's lyrical prose. The reason I say that is that I believe that Rush, more than any other influence outside my parents and children, has impacted my life in more positive aspects than I can count.

I saw on Fox News that Alex, his son and his daugher-in-law ended up in jail New Year's Eve for some bar ruckus. The cops broke his nose, but not his fingers! He's still the best in my book.

Misha

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hi! I saw Opeth live a few months ago with a friend. I had never even heard of them before. They were awesome! That guy really knew how to swear in English well.

I wouldn't consider myself a metal head but I like a good amount of rock. I grew up on Metallica and the Dead Kennedy's. My favorite band is System of a Down. I've seen them twice and they just keep getting better.

Like Rayzor, I usually prefer punk. My current fave is the (International) Noise Conspiracy. As long as it's loud I'm happy.

~Aztec

• shamus
    shamus

Oh,

I enjoy the oldie metal.... Iron Maiden for a laugh. I have several of them downloaded... still waiting for a lawsuit, too.

I enjoy punk a bit, but mainly listen to nothing as all music totally sucks ass.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Oh! Me me me me me!!!!

Well, actually the heaviest stuff I have in my collection is probably Ministry and White Zombie. I love Blue Oyster Cult, McAuley Schenker Group, Saigon Kick, and tons of 80s heavy metal.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

How come nobody has mentioned Cannibal Corpse, Hatebreed, Deicide, and Six Feet Under?

• IronGland
    IronGland

Mortilis,Krieg,Ungod,Sort Vokter,Nargaroth,Nox Intempesta,Usurper,Watain,Von.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

All the 80's metal definitely! This new stuff is just noise to me. Or maybe I'm just getting old.

I heard one song by Skrewdriver and thought they were cool.....then I heard the rest and said "forget that". But I still have my mp3 of "Sweet Home Alabama" by Skrewdriver, just play it for laughs now. It's so bad it's good.

Mike.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit