An evening of debauchery -- brought to you by Jehovah's Witnesses

by logansrun 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious
    I saw or participated in just about anything you could imagine at them.

Anything? Really?

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Brad,

This is a classic experience ... I was humored because I could imagine you trying to cope with the loonies ... yet sad because it is a true scene from JW young adults ...

He couldn't understand. He said that Noah's Ark "proves" the Bible to him. Oh Lordie.

Exactly! Gawd, I about choked and spit my coffee out when I saw this. Explaining things to JWs like this is like trying to explain calculus to native tribes people who worship crocodiles. They need an evolutionary leep.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I was so idealistic when I first joined the dubs, I thought that the troof would produce these wonderful perfect families with wonderful perfect kids.

I had been around the block enough times prior to my becoming a JW that I soon became well aware of the JW youth culture spoken of in this thread, even though I wasn't a part of it at all. At first I felt very self-righteous and indignant towards these ones, as they upset my idyllic notions of JW's. Later I felt sympathy as I too started to chafe under all the pressure to conform and Do More(TM).

As has been alluded to previously, so many of these ones will "go wild" in their 20's, feel tons of guilt, and later will repent and become "good JW's". I think they don't have the smarts to question the core stuff, or they are so programmed that their mind never "goes there".

• Enishi
    Enishi

This reminds me of how even though I never got into anything growing up as a witness, I was still considered less spiritual than the rebellious elder's boys...

• Special K
    Special K

Someone post their description of what exactly a "double-lifer" is? Please.

special k

• minimus
    minimus

someone who acts one way (theocratically) in front of the "brothers" and just the opposite when they're not around.

• Tina_Belina
    Tina_Belina

Surreptitious......just about anything.

Tons of underage drinking, thats not so shocking though. Drug use, sex, homosexuality, group sex. You name it, it went down at these parties.

Then of course thier concious would bother them and they would go cry and "repent" to the elders. The next weekend we would be out doing the same things. It cracks me up when I see some of the guys I used to party with now. They'll walk by and smirk at me with thier sweet little dub wives by thier side. I just have to laugh.

I still consider myself a partier, but I think I'm actually tamer now than when I was a dub.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit