Transfusion once again

by krzysiek 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• krzysiek
    krzysiek

What I cannot understand is why JW are so determined not to allow to transfuse blood. It's anachronism! The Governing Body has changed so many their doctrines, why cannot they change that? It's terrible that in XXI century innocent people have to die because of other people's ignorance. Something like that never happens in my religion.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes it has caused loss of life --but in defence of witnesses - some advances in medical procedures and in other areas have been made because of their stand.

• elamona
    elamona

That's true. Now you can get cow's blood transfused (Hemopure) and have a chance of getting CJD from mad cow blood. Seriously tho, it is true. Many advances in surgical techniques and rethinking old transfusion policies have taken place because of the JW's position on blood and now many people who are not JW's refusing blood for health reasons.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    rethinking old transfusion policies have taken place because of the JW's position on blood and now many people who are not JW's refusing blood for health reasons.

well that may be true to a certain extent, but it will never make up for all the lives they have taken by not allowing blood. And people who refuse blood when they are not JWS, well let's see if they hold to that stand if their life is on the line. They don't. No reputable doc gives blood on a whim now, generally blood counts have to go down to 6-7 before they transfuse. At least that has been my experinece.

• krzysiek
    krzysiek

The risk of getting CJD from medicines based on cow's blood is practically impossible (or extremely low). Moreover, there is no proof that CJD can be transmitted from cattles to humans. And blood transfusion has saved thousands of lives.

• metatron
    metatron

The Governing Body cannot admit to being wrong about blood. Therefore, innocently duped Witnesses must die to conceal

their mistake. It's that simple.

In a few years, it may be possible to completely cure sickle cell disease by changing a person's blood type using stem cells.

Imagine being a young African-American writhing in agony - that even Demerol cannot stop - and knowing that you'll die

at an early age - while the Watchtower forbids you proper medical treatment. They even send "Hospital Visitation Committee"

members ( different from Hospital Liaison) to spy on or monitor such people so they can be threatened with loss of all their friends

and Witness family while they suffer and die.

I've made jokes about pitch-fork wielding mobs publically hanging the Governing Body.

Tell me that that they don't deserve execution

They've known about the blood issue - and how they've twisted scriptures about it for many years.

They won't even debate it or discuss it in any depth anymore - they know they're wrong.

metatron

• gumby
    gumby

The dubs forte is to move it to the..... "it's up to your conscience" file. When they know they have been wrong about a matter, they can make it a conscience matter, yet at the same time control you from that angle also. Their style is to leave it up to you and at the same time tell you not to act on your decision if it differs from them.

I see the blood issue as soon to be a conscience matter and easy for them to pass it off as such simply by saying there are too many variables at present for them to act as police and doctors over. It could end as a 'don't ask and don't tell' matter.

Gumby

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Saying that JWs have contributed to the advance of medical science, because their stand has challenged doctors to innovate, is like saying that we need more car accidents, because they too have challenged doctors to innovate.

As for changing the policy, some things are pretty difficult to change. When you have adamantly sent people to their death because of your stupid misinterpretation and misapplication of scriptures, it is awfully tough to simply change your mind. It's not like changing your prediction for the end of the world. No one ever watched a loved one die, because of the 1914 generation doctrine.

They can't just change this one. There would be legal repercussions, as well as a few loose cannons that might come unhinged and pay a visit to Brooklyn. They must gradually erode the doctine, wait till the current population of JWs dies off, and then claim they never said it. Like vaccinations, they must simply back away and let time pass.

• JT
    JT

it is interesting that jw are quick to tell you they don't refuse blood on MEDICAL REASONS

only on scriptural grounds, in fact even if blood was 100% safe the official jw position would be the same they say-

it time and time again they try to REASON WITH FOLKS on the Medical reason- blood not safe, etc-

the reason for this is simple-

a friend of mine served on the HLC-- awhile back - him along with 2 other elders (All of them were Cheese and Cracker Men) met with a hospital director and 3 or 4 other Dr, heart, brain, a baby doctor, and they all had A-Z behind thier names- major players here in the DC area in terms of medicine, and teachers at some of the major hospitals here in DC

anyway they were sitting in one of those bigA$$ conference rooms discussing not having any members of the jw take blood- and my boy said this one Dr reached down under the table and pulled out one of those big black KJV bible and slid that bad boy across the table and asked

_

Could you show us FROM THE BIBLE where come up with your list of OK parts and unacceptable parts?

he told me his heart dropped in his shoes- for he knew he could not answer the question- how sad

• JT
    JT
    The dubs forte is to move it to the..... "it's up to your conscience" file. When they know they have been wrong about a matter, they can make it a conscience matter, yet at the same time control you from that angle also. Their style is to leave it up to you and at the same time tell you not to act on your decision if it differs from them

excellent point

they will say ____ it is a conscience matter --BUT MATURE CHRISTIANS DO SO AND SO

you got to love it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit